“Great location and dog friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club

3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Pacific Grove, California
“Great location and dog friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at the 3 Peaks Resort last year and this year while attending an event in Lake Tahoe. The rooms are nice, and the hotel is so nicely located. Everything is walkable. They allow pets and have areas for them to do their business, and include the bags.
The staff is nice, although I didn't have to ask them anything as the room was just fine. We had a balcony with a partial view of the lake, and all for a good price. I will be going back next year. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I couldn't find more than one outlet, so though it has free wifi, I didn't want to plug my laptop in by the sink. Other than that, a great value. We will be going back again next year.

Room Tip: Upstairs for the possible view…not guaranteed as there are trees….but the lake is about 100 yds. awa...
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Pros: Check-in was easy and quick.
Good, central location. Close to everything.
Spacious bathroom with jacuzzi tub and separate shower.
Ceiling fans in living room and bedroom a plus.
Cons: Unpleasant smell in the unit.
Sofa bed was old and tattered. Kitchen appliances falling apart : broken refrigerator
handle,smoke came out of stove top when oven was turned on, freezer in refrigerator did
not work.
Shower when turned on produced a very loud humming noise.
Window type air conditioning unit in the bedroom (very loud) would not automatically stop.
Carpet was old and dirty.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank rosepercy
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

A really nice place to stay. Laundry, BBQ, outdoor pool, billiards table, WiFi, $63.00 night very affordable. Restaurants in area, but none at the resort, which is fine because there are lots in the surrounding neighborhood. Staff friendly, helpful. We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: My husband & I have no negatives about this place. A great place to stay for your value. Lots...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We made our original reservations for 2 rooms & 2 nights (12/23 & 12/24). One room for my husband and I, and the second as a Christmas gift for my parents. I think they were 180.00 per room, per night. Sure, we read all the little details before booking....something about not being able to cancel or get refunds for any reason less than 7 days before expected arrival. Not like we're gonna cancel our family Christmas plans, right? Oh, the news is reporting heavy storms and snow across the pass? The storm got so bad they told people not to travel the mountain passes unless it was an "emergency". My 70 year old parents were scared by the warnings and my husband, and I also skipped the first night. I understood the hotel policy, they can't help the weather, but the prices were definitely at a holiday premium and we sure were out a lot of money thanks to that 7 day window deal. I guess I hoped they would take pity on us especially with the media telling would be travelers to stay home. Oh well. My husband and I went up the next day and made the best of our one night trip. Skip ahead a couple days - after we got home, I was really bummed out about the situation and my husband call to see if they would comp us something. They said they would comp us one room, for night. One is better than none, so we scheduled for June. We got here yesterday and turns out they gave us two nights - in an upgraded suite! :) The bed is super comfy, the sheets and pillows are super soft and the whole room is very clean (you would never know they allow dogs here). It is a cute resort and the staff are really nice. The only thing I would say is watch out when making pre-paid reservations in areas that may not be safe to travel due to weather conditions. I imagine that such policies are not specific to this resort, I just never considered it until it happened to us! But all is well, we are very happy with how we were treated and will come back. :)

Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, we got upgraded when we checked in. It was awesome! Nice room with a kitchen, fireplace. Had a balcany, it was very nice. Bed was very comfortable. We would stay there again! Walkind distance to great shopping, restaurants. Very close to the lake. Just a great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great location, Deon (staff member) was great and very helpful. Room had kitchen with fridge, microwave, stove, fireplace. Great hot tubs (mini pools). I would recommend this to anyone. We will definitely go again. Beach is a bit of a walk but very nice with picnic tables, swings, dining. Free internet.

Room Tip: Ask for the Deluxe King room type. Has a hide-a-bed. Ask for a foam pad to put on the bed.
North Olmsted
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Was great parking the car & easy walk to beach, gondola, night life & casinos. Deon was very helpful at check in. Upgrade room with fireplace and jetted tub was nice. Like the clean laundry area which came in handy after hiking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple