“Great trip that started out not so great....”

3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We made our original reservations for 2 rooms & 2 nights (12/23 & 12/24). One room for my husband and I, and the second as a Christmas gift for my parents. I think they were 180.00 per room, per night. Sure, we read all the little details before booking....something about not being able to cancel or get refunds for any reason less than 7 days before expected arrival. Not like we're gonna cancel our family Christmas plans, right? Oh, the news is reporting heavy storms and snow across the pass? The storm got so bad they told people not to travel the mountain passes unless it was an "emergency". My 70 year old parents were scared by the warnings and my husband, and I also skipped the first night. I understood the hotel policy, they can't help the weather, but the prices were definitely at a holiday premium and we sure were out a lot of money thanks to that 7 day window deal. I guess I hoped they would take pity on us especially with the media telling would be travelers to stay home. Oh well. My husband and I went up the next day and made the best of our one night trip. Skip ahead a couple days - after we got home, I was really bummed out about the situation and my husband call to see if they would comp us something. They said they would comp us one room, for night. One is better than none, so we scheduled for June. We got here yesterday and turns out they gave us two nights - in an upgraded suite! :) The bed is super comfy, the sheets and pillows are super soft and the whole room is very clean (you would never know they allow dogs here). It is a cute resort and the staff are really nice. The only thing I would say is watch out when making pre-paid reservations in areas that may not be safe to travel due to weather conditions. I imagine that such policies are not specific to this resort, I just never considered it until it happened to us! But all is well, we are very happy with how we were treated and will come back. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, we got upgraded when we checked in. It was awesome! Nice room with a kitchen, fireplace. Had a balcany, it was very nice. Bed was very comfortable. We would stay there again! Walkind distance to great shopping, restaurants. Very close to the lake. Just a great location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great location, Deon (staff member) was great and very helpful. Room had kitchen with fridge, microwave, stove, fireplace. Great hot tubs (mini pools). I would recommend this to anyone. We will definitely go again. Beach is a bit of a walk but very nice with picnic tables, swings, dining. Free internet.

Room Tip: Ask for the Deluxe King room type. Has a hide-a-bed. Ask for a foam pad to put on the bed.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Was great parking the car & easy walk to beach, gondola, night life & casinos. Deon was very helpful at check in. Upgrade room with fireplace and jetted tub was nice. Like the clean laundry area which came in handy after hiking.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for a night on the way to Carmel. Whereas, we just needed a place to lay our head this place is not anything special. It's dated but clean and very comfortable beds. Our shower sqeak-ed at us the whole time it was on. It served it's purpose.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had never been to tahoe before 3 pks was awesome deon (front desk) was extemely helpfull we were celebrating my 50th bday withfriends who also raved about 3 pks accommodations from deon to miguel (caretaker) wowed us with excellent service and ensured our stay was spectacular we wil definetly be back and we would strongly recommend this hotel to first timers to tahoe to folks .like us who will be back soon and would not stay anywhere else

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were 2 couple and kid. We booked Townhome-2 Bedroom/1 Bath.

Rooms are nice & clean. Very comfortable and large.

Bathroom - in one word SUCKS.

Staff : WORST than bathroom. We checked in day on day after long weekend. We requested late check out, they decline and ask us to give up room by 11:00. We informed them that we are willing to pay extra for extended hours ( we needed room for 2 more hours) - they decline.
Staff was rude.

Location: Near to all the major activities

Because of lousy service & bathroom, I am not recommending this place.

THINK before you book this.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends