“Not bad but not a resort!” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   931 Park Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #16 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Tiburon, California, United States
“Not bad but not a resort!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'm not sure why they call themesleves a resort and beach club. It's a nice motel. That's all.

The Good...
The room was nice and comfortable.
The staff is VERY friendly.
The shower pressure was great.
Good location.

The Bad...
The pet policy is ridiculous. You have to initial at check in that you will not leave your dog in the room unattended. How are you supposed to go skiing, out to dinner, to a casino, etc. Harvey's doesn't have this policy.
There is a "resort fee" which is an added percentage charge on everything. I rented a microwave and they added a resort fee on top of the $6 charge. That was on top of the resort fee I paid on the room and the resort fee I paid on the additional pet fee. Many hotels taht have a variety of things to do (more like a resort) will charge a flat "resort" fee. This place charges a percentage on each and everything. There is also a city charge that is different than city tax. All in all you'll pay much more than what you see when making your reservation
The bed is lumpy. I sleep on a memory foam bed so it was fine with me, but if you like your mattress firm, forget it..

If it weren't for the insane pet policy and the additional resort fee (at a motel) I would say here again. As it is now, I won't.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here for two nights last weekend and it was great. We walked to everything because 3 Peaks is right next to everything without being on the noisier strip. Room was good and the bed pretty comfy. The guy at the front desk, Deon, was super friendly and very helpful with which resorts had the best snow.

Did I mention they have a huge double-tier hot tub? It even has a little waterfall between the tiers you can sit under.

10/10 would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Keith R
San Anselmo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Christina made our experience one of the best ever. This Hotel is a 5 star resort and the rooms are second to none. Christina was accommodating in every way and the rooms are clean, beautiful and the best stay I have ever had at a hotel. The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: This is the best value in South Lake Tahoe. The rooms are amazing!!! Ask for Christina and you will...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the 3 Peaks Resort for a few days at the end of October/beginning of November. I booked a one bedroom on the second floor. It was like a comfy, cozy little ski resort. We liked having the kitchette in the room too! There were two large flat screen TV's in the unit, a nice stand up shower and a soaking tub in the bathroom, a separate vanity area and then a separate commode area.The parking situation was great as well. We loved everything about our room and the location in town near the Nevada/California border.
Good customer service is huge for me. I was in the customer service industry for over 30 years. My one and only complaint were the young '20 something' ladies who worked at the front desk. They were not overly friendly which was a real surprise. On our second day there, I talked to one young lady to share that the clock radio on the nightstand in our room had a low buzzing noise....not the alarm part of it...but a "radio frequency" buzzing noise. She looked up from the computer long enough to say, "just unplug it". I asked her if we could get a replacement and she said, "No, we don't have extra ones". Another time, I walked in the office and another one of the young ladies was doing her nails at the reception desk. It took her several seconds to look up from the computer and acknowledge me too. My husband enjoyed the young man who worked in the office though. His name was Deon. I would definately go back back to the 3 Peaks and book the same room...but I would hope that the young ladies would get some people skills by that time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We are here at this resort while I am writting this review. We called the reception and her name is Wendy told her that there is no hot water. She sarcastically answered us that they are fully booked and they cannot accomodate providing all the guest hot water. This is ridiculous and completely not acceptable. We went to see her at the front desk and her response is too bad, no hot water and she said, she will call the maintenance to check. With this attitude and type of customer service, Wendy should not even be at the front desk or should be fired of not able to provide her responsibility. This hotel is not recommended at all due to poor customer service and recommended to take off this hotel from Hotels.com. The room is dirty, rusted shower pole, blankets has holes from smoking, wall paint in the shower is peeling off. Not worth for $97 + tax per night we paid for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank t1r2i3p4
Elk Grove, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were very pleased to be upgraded from a 2 double bed room to a townhouse with a kitchen and fireplace upon our arrival. The townhouse was nicely decorated with knotty pine furnishings and a large stone fireplace. It was very clean and the beds were the most comfortable I have slept in in the Tahoe area. The walls are paper thin, so if noise is an issue, you may want to take this into consideration. 3 Peaks is close to the lake and is very family friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street for less noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chico, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I'm training for a new job in Tahoe and I'm from Folsom. Needed to get a room for a few days so I wouldn't get stuck in snow driving back and forth. I was referred to 3 Peaks by another person who had stayed here and said it was nice especially for budget pricing. I saw the room and was a little disappointed because it was kind of dark for me. I told Wendy I would take it but mentioned I was the kind of person who needed light. When I came back later she told me she had been able to move me to a better room. I was so excited this room has vaulted ceilings and a balcony so had a slider making it much lighter. In addition to the light it also had a fireplace and was much larger. I am so grateful as working here I needed a place where I can relax and unwind.

Room Tip: ignore the restaurant - hotel doesn't have one but 2 blocks from good restaurants, casinos, skii...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business