New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of 3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club

3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club
Ranked #19 of 68 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Anselmo, California
“The Best Hotel in Tahoe!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Christina made our experience one of the best ever. This Hotel is a 5 star resort and the rooms are second to none. Christina was accommodating in every way and the rooms are clean, beautiful and the best stay I have ever had at a hotel. The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: This is the best value in South Lake Tahoe. The rooms are amazing!!! Ask for Christina and you will...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the 3 Peaks Resort for a few days at the end of October/beginning of November. I booked a one bedroom on the second floor. It was like a comfy, cozy little ski resort. We liked having the kitchette in the room too! There were two large flat screen TV's in the unit, a nice stand up shower and a soaking tub in the bathroom, a separate vanity area and then a separate commode area.The parking situation was great as well. We loved everything about our room and the location in town near the Nevada/California border.
Good customer service is huge for me. I was in the customer service industry for over 30 years. My one and only complaint were the young '20 something' ladies who worked at the front desk. They were not overly friendly which was a real surprise. On our second day there, I talked to one young lady to share that the clock radio on the nightstand in our room had a low buzzing noise....not the alarm part of it...but a "radio frequency" buzzing noise. She looked up from the computer long enough to say, "just unplug it". I asked her if we could get a replacement and she said, "No, we don't have extra ones". Another time, I walked in the office and another one of the young ladies was doing her nails at the reception desk. It took her several seconds to look up from the computer and acknowledge me too. My husband enjoyed the young man who worked in the office though. His name was Deon. I would definately go back back to the 3 Peaks and book the same room...but I would hope that the young ladies would get some people skills by that time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We are here at this resort while I am writting this review. We called the reception and her name is Wendy told her that there is no hot water. She sarcastically answered us that they are fully booked and they cannot accomodate providing all the guest hot water. This is ridiculous and completely not acceptable. We went to see her at the front desk and her response is too bad, no hot water and she said, she will call the maintenance to check. With this attitude and type of customer service, Wendy should not even be at the front desk or should be fired of not able to provide her responsibility. This hotel is not recommended at all due to poor customer service and recommended to take off this hotel from Hotels.com. The room is dirty, rusted shower pole, blankets has holes from smoking, wall paint in the shower is peeling off. Not worth for $97 + tax per night we paid for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank t1r2i3p4
Elk Grove, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were very pleased to be upgraded from a 2 double bed room to a townhouse with a kitchen and fireplace upon our arrival. The townhouse was nicely decorated with knotty pine furnishings and a large stone fireplace. It was very clean and the beds were the most comfortable I have slept in in the Tahoe area. The walls are paper thin, so if noise is an issue, you may want to take this into consideration. 3 Peaks is close to the lake and is very family friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street for less noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chico, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I'm training for a new job in Tahoe and I'm from Folsom. Needed to get a room for a few days so I wouldn't get stuck in snow driving back and forth. I was referred to 3 Peaks by another person who had stayed here and said it was nice especially for budget pricing. I saw the room and was a little disappointed because it was kind of dark for me. I told Wendy I would take it but mentioned I was the kind of person who needed light. When I came back later she told me she had been able to move me to a better room. I was so excited this room has vaulted ceilings and a balcony so had a slider making it much lighter. In addition to the light it also had a fireplace and was much larger. I am so grateful as working here I needed a place where I can relax and unwind.

Room Tip: ignore the restaurant - hotel doesn't have one but 2 blocks from good restaurants, casinos, skii...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rj S
Yosemite National Park, California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Favorite things: Staff, location, beds!

We arrived and got an instant upgrade, which is always awesome! The General Manager was a really great guy and took very good care in answering all of my ridiculous questions. Later we met the maintenance guy at the vending machines who gave us some great advice on things to do. The staff in general was the best part of this place! Location is also wonderful - 2 blocks from the lake and a short walk to all the casinos so I never had to get in my car!

This suite was beautiful and the beds were out of this world comfortable, but there were a lot of little things that needed updated or fixed. Once they get this place fixed up a bit more it will seriously be top notch!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I guess they were trying for cosy, but fake antler lamps with elch motifs, a lumberjack's failed attempt at making furniture and a dizzying bedspread really didn't do it for me. To top it off, the A/C sounded like it was trying to take down the wall (I quickly turned that off). Otherwise pretty OK, the bed was comfy, and free WiFi and a reasonable price made things a bit better. Friendly enough staff, but your're probably better off getting information on your own, both for eating out (there is no in-house restaurant) and nearby sights.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo