“Good value”
Review of Jalisco Grill

Jalisco Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great hole in the wall local restaurant. We found it on TripAdvisor and as always, TR reviewers did not disappoint. This is simple, typical American Mexican food - cheap, filling and good! No ambience (which adds to the charm) but friendly welcoming service. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

a little hole in the wall tucked inside of a shabby strip mall. don't let the outside deter you from this visit. my husband and i love frequenting restaurants that are frequented by the locals~these are always the best! also, love to patronize small local businesses as opposed to those over rated chains. very informal eatery, order at the window and sit down. great selection of mexican beers and homemade salsa bar. some of the best guacamole i have ever tasted. my al pastor street tacos were fantastic!
cheap enough too for those on a budget~ 18.00 for 2 dinners, 1 beer and 1 soda:)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I go about once a week or so. We love it. Simple, filling, and fast. The ambience is weird (my husband thinks it adds to the experience) I don't care either way- I just know to expect a good lunch.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The best in town. The best mexican food in Tahoe. Great prices, great, friendly service. We always feel so welcome. A must stop.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We asked a few locals to recommend the best authentic Mexican food in town, all of them said the Jalisco Grill. We took the bus ($2) from the gondola area, much cheaper then cab fare ($20). We were greeted by Alma the lovely owner who was friendly and happy to see us! She helped us through the menu, which was posted on a big board on the wall, with some great recommendations. Our first night to Jalisco Grill we ordered a delicious sope appetizer with slow cooked pork which was full of fresh flavors and really big, at least 6" diameter on a soft homemade corn tortilla, then we had chile rellenos which was fantastic and covered in a mild tomato sauce, the mild melted Chihuahua cheese oozed from the perfectly battered and lightly fried poblano pepper. My son ordered the enchiladas el pastor with black mole, which was the best mole I ever tasted, the flavors were all over the board from smokey to a hint of chocolate to nutty, the combination was excellent! The pintos were delicious with a creamy texture, the Mexican rice was perfect the guacamole was 100% avocado simply prepared and outstanding! To top it off they have wonderful warm chips and fresh salsas, tomatillo (green) was a raw fiery style and the red was smoky roasted style with outstanding flavors. Our check totaled $18 and we each had a soft drink, they had beer available too. Out of the five nights we were in South Lake Tahoe we visited Jalisco Grill 3 times! They are cash only, no credit cards. Salud!

1  Thank ScottN57