“POOR Service, Lousy no name wines, Expensive prices.”
Review of Apres Wine Company - CLOSED

Apres Wine Company
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ski Run Blvd.
Transit: Blue Go
Duluth, Minnesota
“POOR Service, Lousy no name wines, Expensive prices.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My family and I went to Apres Wine Company on March 26th 2013 for my birthday. Our family being interested in wine thought it would be a great idea to try out. We found their wines to be over priced and not all that attention grabbing. The service their was poor! the waitress we had was your typical snowboard bum who talked in slang and was unprofessional at best with service style and communication. We ordered food and my father ordered the steak special and was brought an entirely different dish. The waitress said " Oh, I am sorry about that sir the good news is you got a more expensive dish and I will give it to you at the other dishes price." Thats all well and good but its not what I ordered was the reply. The waitress went into the back and came out and told us that they have run out of steak special.

The meal continued on as normal all of us upset over the wine selection and the meals we all ordered. Nothing tasted appropriate for the prices we were willing to pay. The restaurant owner was behind the bar and was unsympathetic to our bad experience, which in turn caused him to lose a customer pool. Overall experience on a ten point scale we would give it a three.

I am sorry for the quality of photos it was a little dark in the restaurant and I did not notice the bad quality.

• Visited March 2013

Issaquah, Washington
“Great by the bottle or just a taste”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

It looks like it's closed, but sign says open. Nice lighting, great atmesphere. The people were very friendly and I didn't feel out of place even though I don't know much about wine. I like that you have the option to just order a 2 oz taste. I didn't try the food because I was waiting for a pizza next door. I will come back though.

Visited April 2013
Oceanside, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and wine”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We went to the wine tasting where they pair wine and small plates. Then we ordered a little more food because the small plates were so darn good. JP, I think an.owner, did the presentation of the history and facts of the wine being served. Very interesting and knowledgeable. Very yummy experience overall.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Dale M
Berkeley, California
“interesting place”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

With our hotel stay we got a voucher for a $10 wine tasting and 15% off dinner. So we went and found a place that is a little different from most other wine tasting places where you only select between wines of one or two wineries. At the Apres you can actually taste wines from all over the world, Australia, Europe, South, and North America. The "wine vending machine" was a first for us, but the lady at the bar gave us a detailed instruction how to use it and it worked well for us. There was a discovery of a blended wine which we then ordered as a full bottle and enjoyed with our dinner. The food was good, nothing fancy, and reasonably priced.

• Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
“wine wine wine”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

great place to have a good wine and good prices...you have to try the dates with bacon
good freindly staff