Booked on Expedia with a great rate a couple weeks before arriving. Really wanted a place with a kitchen because of the length of our stay. Called about a week before we were scheduled to arrive and asked if the room we booked had pots and pans or if we needed to bring our own. The front desk looked at our reservation, confirmed the dates and told me that the pots and pans plus dishes were provided in the room.
Our reservation was for "One Queen Bed with Kitchen" as titled on their website. They even show a picture of a small, yet full, kitchen right before the reservation page. When we checked in the front desk lady was not having ANY small talk. She said nothing exvept "sign here" and "here is your key cards." I tried to be upbeat and nice, but got the cold shoulder. Anyways, we got to our room and there was a microwave. That is it, no dishes, not even a crock pot or something else to cook with. A microwave. I called immediately and got the same treatment from the front desk. She claimed that no single queen rooms had a kitchen. Well that is not what their website said, nor is it what Expedia says.
After much discussion, she finally gave up the keys to a double queen bed room with kitchen. It was ok, but I think she was bitter and called the manager after we left to let him know. I say that because later that night, we got a call that we were talking too loud and he would call the cops next time he got complaints from other rooms. The walls are soooo thin, I can imagine any noise carries and it sucks for people around you. We ended up leaving and walking around, it was late night but stuff was still open.
The room was ok beyond that, and we gave beer to the room service. When I got home, 2 weeks later I see a charge on the card I used for my deposit for 60 dollars. Front desk man, much nicer, said it was for a room upgrade. BS, charge has been disputed and found in my favor. Theifs. There were probably 60% vacancy that weekend and I plan on going back to Tahoe next year. These guys could have had repeat business, instead they treat me and my girlfriend like crap and I will spread the word that the bad reviews are correct, unfriendly staff, theifs and liars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe