Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$269
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$169
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$189
$179
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$277
$244
Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$139
Americana Tahoe
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$110
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Marriott's Timber Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$349
  • Pool
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
$329
$299
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $374/night.

Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$349
Hotwire.com
$999
Priceline
All reviewsoatmealcoffee makerprivate beachheavenly gondolacold cerealwithin walking distancesmall poolwalls are thinnice stayspacious roomstayed here for one nightfree breakfaststate lineheavenly villagegas fireplacethe location is perfectmotel
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Can't beat the price, and it even included a breakfast.

Both room and breakfast were not fancy. Room - though a simple wooden structure - was big and had everything one needs. The continental breakfast was a bit crowded (many more residents than tables - had to wait for a table to become available).

The location is superb - just between the Heavenly cable car (5 min walking) and the lake (10 min walking). The big downside is the thin walls/floor/ceiling. Most things spoken by neighbors and most of their steps (as well as yours) are heard.

Did I say you can't beat the price?

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ruben Z, Manager at Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for your support and review, we will not stop working hard until we achieve 100% of your satisfaction.

Thanks again.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here for an extended period of time this winter and winters past...4 weeks...and found it to be a pleasure...nice clean room with a kitchen area...and a stones throw to the gondola, casinos, and downtown.

very affordable and clean...at least my room.

walls are a little thin and the ceilings are also...so noise is sometimes an issue..
WiFi worked well and management was nice....any issues were resolved instantly

...will be there next winter

Room Tip: 2nd floor has no one stomping around the ceiling....
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 894brucer

Hi Bruce,

Thank you, thank you, thank you....

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife, a friend and I stayed at the Big Pine Mountain House in June 2014. We had a second floor room for two nights. When we booked it for $42/night I expected something very gross. We will now recommend people at least check it out when looking for a place to stay. The hotel is pretty outdated with gold leaf looking wallpaper in the bathroom and an old looking comforter- but is very clean. The room was a bit stuffy when we got there but the wall unit cooled it down adequately. The motel boasts free, private beach access which makes you think it backs up to the beach. Instead it is about a 10 minute walk to the beach. This isn't that bad as we would have normally had to pay for the beach. But parking isn't included at the beach. So it would be nice if the motel invested in some sort of vehicle (golf cart maybe) to escort people down to the beach. Overall, not a bad motel for the cost.
-Clean
-Ok Breakfast (bagels, oatmeal, few other assorted items)
-close parking
-friendly staff
-Quiet where we stayed (not sure if just no noisy neighbors, but was a full parking lot)
-Nice clean pool with plenty of comfy lounge chairs and pool toys

Also, our room had an updated shower head that had decent pressure.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 509MikeD22

Hi Mike,

Thanks for you business and review, our family work very hard to make this Hotel a great place to be, we are in the process of renewing all rooms, we started to renew them in 2012.

Thanks again!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The sheets and towels were very grey with holes. The mirror in the bathroom had a large crack, and there were large scuff marks on the wall (which could have been washed off or repainted). And woe betide if you get noisy neighbours. Our room had an adjoining door and we could have joined in their conversation and listened to their TV.
The breakfast room was just the reception area and the seat cushions were dirty. Also, there was no commitment by the staff.
The only good thing was a washing machine and easy access to a precinct/mall for food.
Unfortunately there was a building site opposite which didn't help especially as they started work at 6.30am. It was like stepping back to the 1950s.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Kathryn,

We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations, please accept our apologies. We work very hard to gain your business, and comments like your will make us work harder until we can gain your patronage again.

Thanks for your review.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at big name places so this was somewhat of a first for me. We stayed here because the pictures online (which are somewhat deceiving) and the price and location. Its located right off the main road, in front of the gondola. Great place for shopping, staying awhile and dining. Having said that you would think the place would be a little nicer. .

Upon first arriving the room is small, I've lived in a studio that was bigger than this room. There are absolutely no free plugs to charge your phones or computer. I love taking pictures and going back and uploading, make sure your equipment is charged prior to coming because you won't have a plug in available.

The bed is something that reminds me of the 80s. Its hard, can feel every coil in the mattress and slept like a wet newspaper. Our AC which is a tiny cheap wall unit was on 60* the whole weekend and it never got below 74* in the room. Our toilet handle was broken, you had to fix it every time you flushed. The shower is very VERY old. I wouldn't be surprised if it were original.

You can definitely hear every whisper from your neighbors and those walking above you sound like elephants even though they're probably walking softly. Its just a very old, never updated place that at night looks a little seedy.

Staff was clueless, I asked why it was so busy here. She blamed it on "Summer in Tahoe". No, there was a soccer tournament, art show and many other events in town that some people might have enjoyed had they been told by a knowledgeable person about their own town.

In summary, my stay was cheap and now I know why. I most likely will never return.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sam C
Ruben Z, General Manager at Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Hi Sam,

I appreciate you review, and the fact that you posted something similar on YELP, however, and as I stated on Yelp. we guarantee our product, please call me to get this situation resolved. For your information, summers in Tahoe are busy, the population fluctuates from 48,000 people during the winter to 200,000 in the summer, and one more fact, Lake Tahoe hosts more than 100 weddings every year, which keeps our town in business, I am pretty sure that you understand how hard is to own a family business nowadays, we are not a chain and I am pretty sure we are much better than what you describe. I personally apologize for any inconvenience and I am here to help.

Please email me, I want to me sure you are happy and satisfied with our product and service.

Admin@thebigpines.com