The sheets and towels were very grey with holes. The mirror in the bathroom had a large crack, and there were large scuff marks on the wall (which could have been washed off or repainted). And woe betide if you get noisy neighbours. Our room had an adjoining door and we could have joined in their conversation and listened to their TV.
The breakfast room was just the reception area and the seat cushions were dirty. Also, there was no commitment by the staff.
The only good thing was a washing machine and easy access to a precinct/mall for food.
Unfortunately there was a building site opposite which didn't help especially as they started work at 6.30am. It was like stepping back to the 1950s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe has over 70 comfortable rooms, private beach access, outdoor heated swimming pool, coin laundry, continental breakfast and our Meeting Room available for groups, gatherings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe