On January 3, 2013 at about 7:30 PM Hotel Security began frantically pounding on my door. I asked who it was they informed me it was Hotel Security and stated "let me in." I told them I was blind and I wanted to call the front desk to confirm it was security. They continued pounding and screaming "let me in, or I will enter with my key card." I called the front desk and they confirmed it was security. They also told me I must immediately let them in. At no time did anyone tell me why security was at my door. I went to the door and told security that I was not dressed and to please give me a minute to get dressed and I would let them in. Security then used their card and burst into the room. I stood there screaming at them to get out as I was not dressed. After about a minute or two they closed the door and said they were calling the police. I called the front desk in hysterics to let them know that security had just forced their way into my room even though they knew I was not clothed. I was informed that there was a report by another guest of domestic violence in my room. I informed them that this was not possible as my husband was across the street at the sporting goods store, and we could substantiate this by employees at the store. I then decided to call the police. When the officer showed up I learned that no one from the hotel had called the police, and that the hotel employees had actually violated the law. If they had suspected a domestic dispute they were to notify the police. Security forcing their way into a guests room is a civil violation, especially knowing that the guest was not clothed. I was absolutely terrified, and I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. By the way there is no chain or security bar to secure your door from invasion at this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe