Husband and I wanted to hike areas around west lake tahoe and found this lodge through hotels.com. We were not disappointed. It is an older property but we found this charming and comfortable. Our room had a kitchenette with a compact refrigerator that was larger than other hotels , faux fireplace that we used without the heat for ambiance, a bigger screen tv than we found at other places and a spacious sleepiing area with high ceilings. There were 3 windows that you could open for fresh air. We didn't need the a/c so we never turned it on. The toilet and shower was a separate area from the bathroom sink. At night we didn't need a light to find the toilet because the streetlight illuminated just that area. There was ample room for storing your suitcases near the bathroom sink in a built in cubby/closet. Everything I could possibly want or need was included, hair dryer, complimentary shampoo,conditioner and lotion, ironing board. It was like someone thought of everything. Yes it is an older property but it was very clean and nice. The continental breakfast in the lobby was good with oatmeal & raisings, dry cereal, teas, coffee, oj, jam, toast. The laundry room had 2 washers and dryers and I loved that on the machines, someone had taken the trouble to put a sticker on to let you know that it was 32 minutes for the washer and 45 minutes for the dryer. Very thoughtful place. Front desk personnel were very helpful and pleasant. We stayed for a happy 3 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe