I just stayed at Big Pines January 6-8, on a weekend ski trip with a friend. The best thing about this place is their attitude towards people travelling with their pets: it was GREAT, no issues at check-in, no complaints during my stay about my dog being there, barking, etc....Some minuses: there's not really too many choices at breakfast: it's like sub-par continental. No cold cereal choices, no bananas, dixie cups of juice? Really? This place is not a chain motel, but it's breakfast certainly was. The pluses: the room was clean, not too small, there was ample heat and hot water, and the microwave and fridge were in working order. Other pluses: the location. Close to the Heavenly Gondola and Heavenly Village, the Casinos, etc....location can't be beat. The BIGGEST plus: the price! I paid $37 + taxes per night!!! I will most likely stay again on a future trip, unless another place to stay materializes for me.Overall, though, a good value for unexceptional, yet solid accomodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House is conveniently located in the center of South Lake Tahoe, within walking distance to major attractions - Heavenly Ski resort, the casinos and the Lake itself. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. Free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, heated seasonal pool and the location make us the best value in town. Do not leave your pets behind, we will be happy to accept them in our hotel. Come visit us! Our friendly staff is always here to help you to make your Tahoe getaway simply fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe