WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Secrets Inn

Secrets Inn
Ranked #25 of 68 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Oxnard, California
“Perfect for a romantic getaway.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Beautiful room, loved the huge jet tub & fireplace. Workers were very knowledgeable & hospitable. Joe can guide you as to where to go and what to do. We would definitely stay here again. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Rausie19
gmsecrets, General Manager at Secrets Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
We do love to show off our stuff when it comes to helping people find things to do that they like!
Thanks for the compliment, you know we'll have lots of ideas when you get back this way again. Be sure to call and give us a heads up when you are coming so we can get you into your favorite room!
Debbie and the Crew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

The room was nice but too small. It felt like the bathtub, shower, toilet, and the bed are in the same room. No table or chairs, no place to eat or sit. The lights are too low, I can't put my make up on. The mirror at the sink was too high, I can't see my face or blow dry my hair. The noises from the room above our room went on all night and I can't sleep. However, the staff was very nice, we were able to move to another hotel, Heavenly Inn. The room was very quiet, it has a microwave and a table and couple chairs so we didn't have to sit on the bed to eat and watch tv. Therefore, if anyone plans to stay in bed all day and night then this is the right hotel for it. If not, then I don't recommended it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mai H
Debbie L, General Manager at Secrets Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thanks for your input Mai, I think it will be very helpful for people trying to decide between Secrets Inn and Heavenly Inn. I'm glad we were able to move you and now that we know which one suits you we can't wait to see you back here for some Summer Fun! We are very fortunate to have the two Inns side by side so there is always something for everyone!!
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at the end of March. It was a nice little retreat. Within walking distance of the beach, and less than a quarter mile from the big hotel/casinos. Wonderful front desk, very friendly. Had great suggestions for dinner and breakfast. We stated in the Tahoe suite. It's a very small room, but that didn't bother us for just one night. Loved the jacuzzi tub and fireplace. However, it got very warm in our room, even with the fireplace off and climate control turned all the way down. We actually had to open our window to let some cool air in during the night. The walls are also pretty thin; we could hear our neighbors on both sides. But all in all, still a bargain for the price and charming atmosphere.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
gmsecrets, General Manager at Secrets Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post your compliments Maria, hopefully next time you can stay longer! We love getting repeat business from the nearby areas, remember to call the inn directly for your "return guest" discount! Still praying for just one more big snowfall!!
Pollock Pines, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was our second stay here, but this time we booked a room for our son & daughter in-law as well...it was a birthday gift with a snowmobile tour. After being in the snow for over 2hrs, this place was just what we needed...a nice jetted tub, fireplace and time to relax. So worth every penny we spent on this trip and would definitely stay again & again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank April T
gmsecrets, General Manager at Secrets Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
The best compliment we can receive is that our guests can't wait to return! Glad to hear you had a great time with the kids, remember Heavenly Inn, our sister property has rooms with kitchenettes for when the kids need more room for the next generation!!

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing all of you in the future!

PH: 877.286.3413
Email: gm@secretsinn.com
Fernley, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed two nights at this Inn,and we were very happy with it. The room was clean, modern, with great decor. The Jacuzzi tub was amazing! The king bed was comfortable and cozy, and the staff was very friendly with lots of suggestions of places to eat and visit. The morning we checked out the Innkeeper chatted with us for a long while, asking our opinion of the Inn and asking for suggestions to improve the guest experience. The Inn is within walking distance to the casino's, Heavenly Village, and to the lake itself. This is a great little place to stay in South Lake Tahoe...we will be back for sure!

Room Tip: An upstairs room may be better so you don't hear everything the people above you are doing..
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeff s
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience! I’ll be sure to pass on your compliments to the team here at Secrets Inn. I’m pleased that you enjoyed the Jacuzzi bathtub and found the bed comfortable.

Thank you also for taking the time to chat with me about your visit when you checked-out – feedback from our guests is very valuable to us. We’re looking forward to seeing you when you visit us again!

PH: 877.286.3413
Email: gm@secretsinn.com
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

So I wanted to get away with my girlfriend for the winter and I wanted to make it special but I couldnt pay too much for it. And that's when I found this place its super cozy and I was able to get a room for a pretty reasonable price. I do have to admit I was a little bit worried when I first pulled up, It looks like your typical motel from the outside and I thought that I had been scammed out of my money. However all those worries were quelled as soon as I steped foot in the room. It wss small but quaint with up to date appliances and nothing that seemed to be out of place or dirty. It was the perfect size and had the perfect ambiance for a couple trying to get away for the weekend. I would definitely come back again. Oh also that hot tub is great and the shower thats in full view of the bed definitely makes for some fun bathing.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank strayowl
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed at Secrets Inn for our honeymoon getaway 9/25-9/28. My husband booked the largest suite, Alpine. We arrived about an hour before check-in and our room was ready for us. Debbie was very pleasant during check-in and gave us some tips and ideas for activities. There was an issue with the reservation system and Debbie informed us that she would double check the rates for us to make sure we received the lower rate. She added an additional military discount which was a plus.

The room was rather large and had the Tahoe rustic pine motif. I would say that my husband preferred the room more than I did, but it was very nice for the price and basically was fine for the concept of being couples only.

The one major complaint I have is that there are no bathrobes. This just doesn't seem to be in-line with the theme of romantic accommodations. Here there is the tub, the fireplace, cozy living and sleeping area and no robes? Also, as you enter the hotel, there is a huge picture banner showing a room with candles and bathrobes. We asked Debbie about it and she told us we should make the suggestion to the home office to include robes since they are advertising it that way. So, here I am suggesting that they include bathrobes and maybe some candles for the tub. The other minor complaint I had is that since the room is not cleaned unless requested, the wastebaskets don't get emptied and you only get one pack of coffee, so to get another one, the office has to be called. Why not just include several pouches of coffee in the room?

Since we were staying during the off-season and mid week, the area was not crowded and it felt like we were locals! The only issue with this was some activities we wanted to do were not available. It was also unseasonably cold and so we could not go to the beach or do one of the lake cruises we planned.

We had a great time enjoying the convenient location (major plus), casinos, and restaurants. Since we did not have time to go out of the country for a honeymoon right after the wedding, this was a nice compromise.

I would probably stay at Secrets Inn again. Hopefully next time, there will be bathrobes and more coffee in the room!

Room Tip: Book the largest room Alpine
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple