All reviews romantic getaway huge shower rooms are small heavenly gondola a great place to stay the location is perfect tub office accommodations snow summer shore
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 4 days in South Lake Tahoe and had a great time. Our room was very clean, cozy and romantic. GM Debbie was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. She even told us to open the door to our room if we wanted to get a nice cross breeze! :) My girlfriend and I plan on staying here every time we go to Tahoe from now on. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all of my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had high expectations for this Inn, it been so highly rated on Tripadvisor I thought it would be awesome. Dont get me wrong its still pretty good but here are some things i did and did not like:
Pros:
1. Across the street from heavenly resort, that's where all the fun stuff is
2. Easy/ Plenty of parking

Cons:
1. The rooms are kind of small, and it feels smaller with the hot tub in the room
2. I felt, and this maybe due to out room, there was very little light and the room was always dark

Other than that the staff was super friendly, they always have fresh baked cookies at the reception + they let you use a ipad3 for free through your stay. Kinda cool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mehtap3
gmsecrets, General Manager at Secrets Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your experience. I'm glad to hear the staff was super friendly, you enjoyed the cookies and the IPad 3.
We have had other comments that the rooms are a bit small and that every inch was used to its fullest potential. Secrets Inn is known for the INN-room jetted tub experience. While it does take up quite a bit of floor space it is the reason many people choose Secrets Inn over the many other lodging opportunities in the area. Indeed there are 5 room types to choose from and when you return please call the Inn directly and we will guide you to a "brighter" room type. Many people prefer the "dark and sexy" intimate experience but we do have other options to offer. Looking forward to your next visit. Debbie

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently moved to the Reno area and were dealing with a lot of stress from the move. We took a weekend trip to Secrets Inn without kids for our anniversary. The stay was amazing! The motel was quiet, the room was very relaxing and the jacuzzi was perfect. We got the romance package added and it was a nice touch. The people at the desk were very helpful and made our stay great! We liked how the motel was close enough to several restraunts that we could walk everywhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We showed up at this motel around 2:00 PM. I walked into the lobby where the owner/manager(?) interupted the desk clerk and asked the family of 3 ahead of me to "step aside while he helps me because there is a problem with their reservation". (Very loud, very public). I check in while he is reading this couple, with their young daughter, the riot act about how you should never use a third party and only reserve through them. "There is a problem with the third party's credit card, so you guys don't have a room reserved" (repeatingly). Feeling bad for the couple and having lots of experience with online booking, I suggested to the couple, that they contact the company they booked with directly. Now he lashes out at me, "I don't think this is any business of yours". I don't think I have to explain what my reaction was.
I continue to check-in and the clerk is not sure if my room is ready. The manager, who I'm now having a real problem with, goes and checks on the room. He comes back and tells me "the room is not ready, besides check-in isn't until 3:00 anyway".
The rooms are clean. It didn't matter. I never got that bad taste out of mouth until I left. I will never return!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Keith and Robin at Tahoe Photographic Tours (also a fabulous experiance) recommended we stay here. It was the Day after New Years so most of the smaller hotels in the area had 4 or 5 day minimum stay requirements around the holidays. We only needed 1 night. The staff was so gracious and checked with management to see if an exception could be made. Luckly there was 1 room available and they put our name on it. The room was quite a nice contrast to the outside of the hotel. From the outside it looks like the typical 1940's; 2-story walk up Tahoe Motel. Open the door to the room and walk into a different time and place. Very modern yet Tahoe Rustic. Great design and materials used to create a totally modern and very cool room. Perfect for a romantic couples getaway. Whirlpool tub for two and a shower that you can invite guest into...if you want. Flat screen and a fireplace to heat the room. All in all, a great combination of accomodations and staff that made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple