All reviews alpine suite romantic getaway heart shaped jacuzzi within walking distance huge shower rooms are small heavenly gondola a great place to stay definitely stay here again heavenly village the location is perfect fireplace tub accommodations snow summer skiing
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently moved to the Reno area and were dealing with a lot of stress from the move. We took a weekend trip to Secrets Inn without kids for our anniversary. The stay was amazing! The motel was quiet, the room was very relaxing and the jacuzzi was perfect. We got the romance package added and it was a nice touch. The people at the desk were very helpful and made our stay great! We liked how the motel was close enough to several restraunts that we could walk everywhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We showed up at this motel around 2:00 PM. I walked into the lobby where the owner/manager(?) interupted the desk clerk and asked the family of 3 ahead of me to "step aside while he helps me because there is a problem with their reservation". (Very loud, very public). I check in while he is reading this couple, with their young daughter, the riot act about how you should never use a third party and only reserve through them. "There is a problem with the third party's credit card, so you guys don't have a room reserved" (repeatingly). Feeling bad for the couple and having lots of experience with online booking, I suggested to the couple, that they contact the company they booked with directly. Now he lashes out at me, "I don't think this is any business of yours". I don't think I have to explain what my reaction was.
I continue to check-in and the clerk is not sure if my room is ready. The manager, who I'm now having a real problem with, goes and checks on the room. He comes back and tells me "the room is not ready, besides check-in isn't until 3:00 anyway".
The rooms are clean. It didn't matter. I never got that bad taste out of mouth until I left. I will never return!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Keith and Robin at Tahoe Photographic Tours (also a fabulous experiance) recommended we stay here. It was the Day after New Years so most of the smaller hotels in the area had 4 or 5 day minimum stay requirements around the holidays. We only needed 1 night. The staff was so gracious and checked with management to see if an exception could be made. Luckly there was 1 room available and they put our name on it. The room was quite a nice contrast to the outside of the hotel. From the outside it looks like the typical 1940's; 2-story walk up Tahoe Motel. Open the door to the room and walk into a different time and place. Very modern yet Tahoe Rustic. Great design and materials used to create a totally modern and very cool room. Perfect for a romantic couples getaway. Whirlpool tub for two and a shower that you can invite guest into...if you want. Flat screen and a fireplace to heat the room. All in all, a great combination of accomodations and staff that made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked a 4 day, 3 night stay for my husbands birthday during MLK weekend and this was without a doubt the most luxurious room we have ever stayed in! Better than the Marriot Grand Resort! We were in the Tahoe Plus Suite and although the inn itself may not look like anything special from the outside the rooms are truly 5 star worthy, the bed is sooo comfortable and the shower and hot tub were divine...especially after a long day of falling on the slopes!!! They have philosophy skin care products, a real coffee pot with real coffee, real cups, wine chiller and a mini-fridge. The only thing the room didn't have that I wish it did was a microwave to reheat left-overs from dining out, otherwise everything was flawless.

The staff is the friendliest I have ever encountered. They were very forthcoming on where to eat, sight see and play while in town. The office saved me about $150.00 on our snow boarding venture by telling us where to go and how to get there...Loved them!

This is also an amazingly romantic place to visit and I couldn't recommend any other place to stay while in town. We are so in love with Lake Tahoe and Secrets Inn that we are planning another trip with the kids this summer! Perhaps we will stay at Heavenly Inn. Oh yeah and Secrets Inn is for "couples only"! No kids in sight which was nice since we were taking a parental break for the weekend!

I absolutely loved this place!

Room Tip: Book the Tahoe Plus!!! Beautiful room up stairs! Everything within walking distance and ask the staff for info on where to go what to do they are very friendly and helpful!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cat-D2779
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay, and the staff was very courteous. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice couples weekend. Rooms are updated and cleaned. The jetted tub was awesome and i use it every day while there................................

• Stayed: January 2013