All reviews alpine suite romantic getaway heart shaped jacuzzi within walking distance huge shower rooms are small heavenly gondola a great place to stay definitely stay here again heavenly village the location is perfect fireplace tub accommodations snow summer skiing
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Keith and Robin at Tahoe Photographic Tours (also a fabulous experiance) recommended we stay here. It was the Day after New Years so most of the smaller hotels in the area had 4 or 5 day minimum stay requirements around the holidays. We only needed 1 night. The staff was so gracious and checked with management to see if an exception could be made. Luckly there was 1 room available and they put our name on it. The room was quite a nice contrast to the outside of the hotel. From the outside it looks like the typical 1940's; 2-story walk up Tahoe Motel. Open the door to the room and walk into a different time and place. Very modern yet Tahoe Rustic. Great design and materials used to create a totally modern and very cool room. Perfect for a romantic couples getaway. Whirlpool tub for two and a shower that you can invite guest into...if you want. Flat screen and a fireplace to heat the room. All in all, a great combination of accomodations and staff that made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked a 4 day, 3 night stay for my husbands birthday during MLK weekend and this was without a doubt the most luxurious room we have ever stayed in! Better than the Marriot Grand Resort! We were in the Tahoe Plus Suite and although the inn itself may not look like anything special from the outside the rooms are truly 5 star worthy, the bed is sooo comfortable and the shower and hot tub were divine...especially after a long day of falling on the slopes!!! They have philosophy skin care products, a real coffee pot with real coffee, real cups, wine chiller and a mini-fridge. The only thing the room didn't have that I wish it did was a microwave to reheat left-overs from dining out, otherwise everything was flawless.

The staff is the friendliest I have ever encountered. They were very forthcoming on where to eat, sight see and play while in town. The office saved me about $150.00 on our snow boarding venture by telling us where to go and how to get there...Loved them!

This is also an amazingly romantic place to visit and I couldn't recommend any other place to stay while in town. We are so in love with Lake Tahoe and Secrets Inn that we are planning another trip with the kids this summer! Perhaps we will stay at Heavenly Inn. Oh yeah and Secrets Inn is for "couples only"! No kids in sight which was nice since we were taking a parental break for the weekend!

I absolutely loved this place!

Room Tip: Book the Tahoe Plus!!! Beautiful room up stairs! Everything within walking distance and ask the staff for info on where to go what to do they are very friendly and helpful!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cat-D2779
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay, and the staff was very courteous. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice couples weekend. Rooms are updated and cleaned. The jetted tub was awesome and i use it every day while there................................

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Dianalvn31
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I decided to cash in on a little weekend getaway! Even though we live in the Carson Valley I wouldn't hesitate for a second to pack a duffle bag or two and head on up the mountain to the Secrets Inn! The room was amazing, quiet, romantic, cozy, well kept, and the staff was nothing but phenomenal . Dustin was a pleasure to deal with on our Friday night check in, wonderful kid with an A+ attitude...and a sense of humor like you wouldn't believe! Thank you Dustin for all the laughs and making us feel comfortable and welcomed during our check in!! Entire staff was so accommodating! I even got 2 huge handfuls of conditioner left in the room after requesting a few more due to my very long, fine, easily tangled hair!!! You're all super there at the Secrets Inn! We WILL be back!!! FOR SURE!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kearney5
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Secrets Inn is a perfect place for a romantic getaway. From the outside, it appears to look like any other hotel, but step inside the room and it is like you have your own cabin. The Inn is within walking distance of Lake Tahoe, several restaurants, ski slopes, and shopping. We stayed in the Alpine Suite. The room had a large heart shaped spa bath tub for two, an ice bucket on a stand, and a fireplace. Perfect for setting the mood. The Inn was the perfect place for my husband and I's honeymoon. Upon checking-in, the staff is very welcoming and really likes to get to know their guests. The Inn and the staff are very helpful in suggesting places to eat and things to do. In fact, included in the welcome package, was a list of the top 5 things to do in Tahoe. Those suggestions were so helpful and we took advantage of two of the suggestions and we were glad we did. They were well worth it.

Room Tip: The Alpine Suite is a perfect for a romantic getaway or honeymoon. The room is on the bottom floor so on a weekend, there might be neighbors above the room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple