“Super Romantic”
Review of Secrets Inn

Secrets Inn
Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I took my girlfriend to Lake Tahoe for her birthday...the idea was to have a romantic couple days....and it worked. According to Trip Advisor Secrets Inn is the most romantic hotel in Lake Tahoe and I have to agree. The hot tub in the room, the glass shower and the fireplace make for a pretty sensual mood. Also, all the windows are by the bed...(depending on your interests, you will either appreciate it or not) LoL
The owner and her staff are amazing. Also, if you need to heat up food or do some simple prep work, they have a little kitchen available. Totally recommend it.

Room Tip: if you can afford the 20 - 30 bucks, go with the corner suites...the have king-size beds in all room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bensorj

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at the Secrets Inn in South Lake Tahoe, CA. This room caught our eye months ago while planning our honeymoon and we stayed in the Secrets Alpine Suite. It had a room with a heart shaped tub and unique showers in the open. Obviously not a family room but for a honeymoon it was awesome! Me and my wife can't stop talking about it. The room was good size, good bed, an obvious romantic setting to the room, and helpful and friendly front desk staff! Our only regret is we only got to stay two days but can promise we will be back again one day as Tahoe is a beautiful place. Top marks on all categories.

Room Tip: Honeymoon or romantic getaways, get the Alpine Suite. It is a awesome!
1  Thank jdkrup77
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights (3 nights for price of 2!). Was a small room but very nice. Jacuzzi worked great and filled up fast, too. No problem with hot water and we used twice a day. Comfortable bed, nice shower. Didn't use the fireplace. Was conveniently located (less than ten minute walk to Casinos and private beach). Staff was really friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank Homerj64
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a nice, relaxing place to stay in South Lake Tahoe for our honeymoon. Through my search, I found the Secrets Inn. After reading about it on their website, it sounded like the perfect location to stay, not allowing children or pets was a big plus to us. I made the reservation, then began doing research on Trip Advisor to see what kind of reviews it had. By the time we got to the hotel, I was nervous about the stay. A lot of the reviews stated that the walls were thin, there were cold showers, and the rooms were tiny. We stayed in the Alpine Suite, which was absolutely gorgeous! I didn't ever hear anyone else in the hotel at all, nor did we ever have cold water, and the hotel was full two of the three days we stayed. We will be going back! I did look into some of the other rooms the last day we were there, as they leave the blinds open when the room is clean and not in use. Yes, they were small, but the website details the sizes of the rooms. Loved the private beach pass, the beach was amazing, and just a block down.

The only complaints I had was that instead of having an ice machine and office at the Secrets Inn, we had to go next door to the Heavenly Inn to get ice and to check in, check out, and find any hotel staff. There is an office attached to the Secrets Inn, but all of the blinds are closed and the sign states on the door that you need to go next door. The ice machine was not handy at all.

Overall, our stay was amazing, and I would recommend this Inn to anyone.

Room Tip: The Alpine Suite is very roomy and comfortable.
1  Thank Lolal19
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This Inn is in a great location. Walking distance to the lake and to shopping, eating and other entertainment. Be advised that the rooms are small. It is a good price for it, though. We went there for our 10th wedding anniversary. Everything was great except one of the reasons we stayed there was because they have jacuzzi tubs in every room, for an affordable price, and on the weekend (a Friday night), when we went to turn the tub on, there was no hot water! We waited, and tried again later, and still no hot water, so we coudn't even use it one of the nights we were there, and weekend nights cost more money! When we said something about it upon checking out, the manager made us furious because he just said that the inn was full last night. His lame excuse made us more mad then the hot water not working for us. It shouldn't matter if the place is full. That is our problem? We paid to have a jacuzzi tub, and we didn't get that. We asked if we could be refunded a little, and he said he couldn't make that decision. What? Aren't you the manager? He said he sent the info to whoever decides, and we still haven't heard from them a month later, so I guess that means they aren't giving us any money back. It's kind of sad because this really is a pretty good place, if you don't need swank, but I'd be afraid to stay there on a weekend again when there is a greater chance of them being full. We also had to ask for a beach pass, instead of it just being given to us when checking in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Management actually drove us into town when we needed a lift and couldn't have been more generous. We had a great time and were able to relax at the Secrets Inn.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I had read reviews prior to going and was a little scared off by some of the negativity posted here on the walls being thin, cold showers, etc. I just want to let everyone know, those things are NOT TRUE!

This is a wonderful & quaint place. My fiance' and I went there for our honeymoon and were so very pleasantly surprised. The price was great, the room was beautiful, the location was perfect. The service was beyond compare! The owners are amazing. They even loaned us chairs, a beach bag, towels, and sunblock for our trips to the beach. This room is GORGEOUS. The jacuzzi was wonderfu. I promise you will fall in love if you go there.

A++++++++++

Room Tip: Tahoe Suite is very romantic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple