All reviewsalpine suiteromantic getawayheart shaped jacuzziwithin walking distancehuge showerrooms are smallheavenly gondolaa great place to staydefinitely stay here againheavenly villagethe location is perfectfireplacetubaccommodationssnowsummerskiing
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I had booked the Tahoe Suite for a romantic getaway with my boyfriend and let me say, Secrets Inn fit the bill. We stayed in Room 219, which was larger than most of the Tahoe Suites and it did not disappoint. Comfortable, plush bed, great fireplace and very nice jacuzzi tub. We had a great view of the trees and mountains, as well. For its affordability, it offered wonderful amenities. The front desk staff is also very friendly. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for his birthday weekend. It was very quiet which was nice since we were there to get away from our little ones. Loved the shower and spa tub! Walking to distance to grocery store, movie theater, gondola area, and casinos. Plan on staying here the next time we visit tahoe and want to try the family hotel when we bring our kids next winter :)

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I just returned home from a 2 night stay at the Secrets Inn. We couldn't have had a better time at this amazing little hotel. I did extensive research before we went on where to stay and am so delighted that I chose the Secrets inn. I never write reviews, but I feel it's my duty to share, especially when reviews led me to such a gem in South Lake Tahoe. The hotel is run by the loveliest people, my bf and I were quite impressed by their hospitality from start to finish. We stayed in the Alpine Suite which left nothing to be desired. For a little extra money this room offers a great deal of space, a cozy cabin feeling room with a fireplace, a heart shaped jacuzzi, a gorgeous california king bed, large 2 head shower, vanity mirror, flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, etc. I'm rather picky about hotel rooms, and honestly I had not one complaint. The room could not have been more romantic. All weekend, the bf and I could not stop saying what a great room we had. In my opinion, the location is perfect. It's such a short walk to Heavenly Village, Harrah's, Harvey's, the supermarket, restaurants, bars, gas station, etc. I really can't wait for our next stay at Secrets Inn, i don't feel the need to stay anywhere else in South Lake after our trip. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a truly special romantic weekend away.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Olivia D
Reviewed December 29, 2010

My girlfriend and I had booked two nights over Xmas for a romantic getaway. We thought the rooms were quite expensive for a motel when we began looking for a romantic/sensual couple nights in Tahoe. The rooms are tastefully decorated and are certainly very clean. There were a number of things that could be done to the rooms to improve and enhance the experience. The first room we checked into was very small. It had a shower with a clear glass wall that faced the bedroom... and no shower door from the bathroom to the shower...no privacy. Could be very awkward for couples who are not that familiar with each other. We called the front desk to ask if there was another room that had a private shower and were told that there is only one with a private shower. Luckily, it was available (for an up charge) so we took it. There are technically no fireplaces in the rooms. The enclosed fireplace units are the room's heaters. There are no dimmers in the rooms recessed lighting so it is pretty bright. There are no mats in the bathrooms so when you walk on the beautiful designer tile, you are freezing and have to throw towels down to keep warm. It was odd that our flat-screen TV was mounted flat on the wall at an angle difficult to see from the bed, you can't really watch it. Placing the TV on a adjustable wall mount would have made all the difference. Also, there is NO cable or movies in the rooms only local TV. For $240 a night, there better be some major pay-per-view available. They do set out a couple champagne glasses. It would be very nice to have a small bottle of wine or Champagne in the little refrigerator. The rooms are also very small. there are no chairs to sit on. I must say the highlight of the room was the hot tub. All in all we had a great time and the room is fine, it's just way over-priced for what you get. The front desk staff are very friendly and accomodating! You can stay at Harrahs or Harveys for much less and look over the lake.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lhandlery
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Everything was excellent: the room, the service, the location, and etc. My husband and I came to Lake Tahoe for our honeymoon and enjoyed every minute of it! We plan on coming back to Secret's Inn every year from now on. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this place! If you are looking for a romantic getaway- look no further!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple