If you're looking for a 4 or 5-star hotel, look elsewhere. This place definitely feels like an extended stay hotel. It's a bit larger and more homey than a normal hotel room, with a kitchenette and dining table. The kitchenette was fully stocked with a cups, plates, and silverware. Appliance-wise, you get a mini-fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and a blender. The sink is tiny, so washing dishes can be a challenge. The dining table was a nice touch - for some reason, it just made the room more comfy.
The bathroom was clean, and the towels were pretty good. As a previous reviewer mentioned, there's two showerheads, but this sounds better than it actually was because you can only use one at a time, and one of them sucked.
The furnishings were a bit dated but functional. And by dated, I mean mirrors everywhere and a color scheme somewhere between pink and red. However, the bed was nice and firm, and there were enough blankets to keep us warm. And if you need to turn up the thermostat and you can't find it, look behind the TV. There's no air conditioning, only a ceiling fan, so I can see it getting hot in the summer.
I don't know if the walls were thin or not, but we rarely heard our neighbors. Maybe we got lucky. However, we had a room next to the stairs, and in the morning, the sound of ski boots descending definitely woke us up.
One note - we reserved through Orbitz, and they will forward your credit card info to the hotel instead of charging you at the time of the reservation. So don't freak out about getting double-charged when the front desk says they're charging your card for the night(s).
Overall, we had a good stay at the Americana, and will definitely recommend it to our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe is the ultimate year around playground! Every season has adventure to offer and we’d like to to make sure you have a place to crash after your adventurous day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Americana Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americana Village Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Americana Vacation Hotel
- Americana Vacation Lake Tahoe