We were able to book our reservation through Hotels.com for a decent rate. Check in was easy and we were pleasantly surprised by our king suite (compared to the pictures I had seen online). The room looked newly remodeled with nice furnishings. The living room/TV area was separated from the bedroom/eating/kitchenette area. The bedroom had drawers and closet space, as well as it's own TV and DVD player. The king bed was comfortable. The Kitchenette had a full sized fridge, microwave, 2 burners, sink, small dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender and utensils. The bathroom was a decent size (sink counter space was a little small) with shower over jetted tub with 2 shower heads (good water pressure). It was warmer than usual, so we ended up using the fan, which worked fine. The wifi worked pretty well, but occasionally slowed down.
They had a decent DVD collection, including new releases (Gravity, Captain Phillips, We're the Millers, etc.) and the popcorn and coffee/tea/hot chocolate was plentiful. The hot tub was as expected, and the exercise room was a nice perk. We didn't try the sauna that was off by the pool. The breakfast was okay, as mentioned in other reviews - donuts, hard boiled eggs, fruit- oranges and bananas.
The service was really good - they offered separate towels for going to the pool/hot tub. We were able to get extra pillows easily. When we had issues with the remote for the DVD player, they immediately sent someone over to fix it.
The location is convenient, within walking distance to Heavenly village as well as grocery stores and restaurants.
Pros: cozy rooms, functional kitchenette, DVD collection, nice helpful staff
Cons: breakfast, pool/hot tub area got pretty full in the afternoon, sometimes spotty Wifi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe is the ultimate year around playground! Every season has adventure to offer and we’d like to to make sure you have a place to crash after your adventurous day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Americana Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americana Village Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Americana Vacation Hotel
- Americana Vacation Lake Tahoe