Just got back from a stay end of August, early September. The place looks like a well kept motel. There is no luxury or air conditioning. It was HOT, but they do have screens on door and windows and there is a ceiling fan and a free standing fan. We stayed in a studio that has not been remodeled yet, The furniture was very worn and the wall paper was peeling off the walls. The refurbished rooms looked nice. The area surrounding the place is a little seedy. It is a neighborhood of older homes and apartments. I wouldn't want to walk around at night. On the positive side, the staff goes all out offering activities that are family friendly. There is always free popcorn available , free coffee and free videos for your room. We participated in the $7.00 taco night dinner and the $ 7.00 hot dog & hamburger dinner. We enjoyed the musical entertainment of Fabrizio. We used the free bikes. They also have fishing poles and many other things. You will enjoy your stay if you are not expecting luxury and the weather isn't too hot! They are experimenting with letting you bring small pets. This is a first. If interested, you have to call the resort directly as RCI doesn't seem to know much about this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe is the ultimate year around playground! Every season has adventure to offer and we’d like to to make sure you have a place to crash after your adventurous day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Americana Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americana Village Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Americana Vacation Hotel
- Americana Vacation Lake Tahoe