We were at South Lake Tahoe in second week of May, 2013. Even with nothing really to do there but hike, because most of the summer outdoor activities are closed till end of May.
The Americana Village staffs were very pleasant and helpful. They had guided us to some local hiking trails not listed on the usual hiking trail maps.
Now the studio room we stayed in was very cozy. It was just remodeled. They were still remodeling other rooms too, but kept the noise and the dirt to very, very minimum. The bath tub was not one of those cheap plastic tub you find even in expensive hotels. It was actually a whirlpool type bath tub. Granted our plug for the tub didn't work, but it was okay, we take showers, not baths anyway. The whole design of the bathroom was great, someone took some time to thought up the design and not just slab on the tiles to rent out the room. The towels were clean and soft too. The fold out air mattress bed from the couch was a plus, felt firm and not like the typical couch bed.
The cleaning crews were very friendly and fast at cleaning the room. Granted they only clean the room and change towels and bed sheet on Wed and Fri to save the water, but it was fine, the bed sheet was clean smelling and actually soft, not starchy like other hotels. The most amazing thing was the hot water. It comes hot in less than five seconds. I don't even get that at home and I have a tankless water heater. Bedroom were well designed for a small space. Two big screen TV in the room.
Unlike some "apartment like" motels, I don't hear the neighbors on the side or upstairs. The whole place was quiet.
The breakfast need some improvement, but it was not that important. Donuts as breakfast is not very healthy. But they do have hard boiled egg and fruits.
This is the best inn I've stayed in. The kitchenette was very nice too. The refrigerator was large enough, not your bar sized fridge. I would definitely stay there again in Tahoe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe is the ultimate year around playground! Every season has adventure to offer and we’d like to to make sure you have a place to crash after your adventurous day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Americana Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americana Village Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Americana Vacation Hotel
- Americana Vacation Lake Tahoe