“Family tradition”

Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Francisco, California
“Family tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I have been coming here since before I was born. The great location right by state line and heavenly cannot be beat. The staff is friendly and always was so kind to our children. We hadn't been back since my youngest left for college but I was happy to find it still had the charm we fell in love with so long ago. Tons of activities on sight and they offer more through tours and suggestions. This is a great place for a family vacation or even a couples getaway. I highly recommend trying this place for at least a few days on your next trip to south shore. Oh and they have private beach access just a couple miles away for the warm summer months!

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms good size with Seating area and facilities to cook. Even limited seating to sit outside to enjoy the weather and relax, most unusual away from the pool area. Really enjoyed our five nights here, beautiful location. Would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool can be a little noisy
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heather C
, Manager at Americana Village, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Heather, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last week. I do hope you will consider us again on your next visit up to South Lake. Thank your for your comments, and hope to see you again soon!
Lapeer, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Our experience @ Americana Village was totally enjoyable. The room we had was modern and kept exceptionally clean. The staff was courteous, outgoing and attentive to the needs of the guests. I would equate our experience to that of being on a cruise- without the ship and the gluttony : ) Would recommend this establishment to everyone without equivocation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Americana Village, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
So glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us again this year! Sure hope you come back again next year too!
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great Value! Great Location! We came up here for an our annual South Lake Tahoe Geocaching event. We found this place by accident last year as it was one of the event stops. Cute ambiance. Kind of makes y ou feel like you are in a little village.

What makes this place so great is that the staff is really nice. The reservation process was easy as well as the check in. Everyone seemed pretty friendly. They have a DVD library of over 500 DVDs for guests to check out. There is also a free breakfast which includes donuts, bananas, hardboiled eggs with juice and/or coffee. They also have activities for the guests.

We weren't lucky enough to get one of the remodeled rooms; it was nice enough and suited our needs. Very clean!!!!!

Room Tip: 2nd floor is best!
3 Thank Patricia L
, Manager at Americana Village, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are thrilled that you had such a great visit with us, and hope you have plans to come again soon!
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

The location was great because it was just a block from the "tourist area!" The hospitality of the front desk was wonderful and very pleasant! Our room was not ready, but they gave us Room 244 and WOW! The room was recently refurbished and it was very modern with the Tahoe atmosphere!
The pool and spa were clean, the entire property was well maintained. The staff was pleasant and helpful with their knowledge of the area to our many questions.
When we were leaving we met with Linda, Resort Manager, and she was very friendly and made sure we had a comfortable and pleasant stay....our family did and we will return to Americana Village - S. Lake Tahoe!

Room Tip: They are in the process of refurbishing their rooms, ask for one of them!
1 Thank Anna E
, Manager at Americana Village, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you Anna! We appreciate the fact that it takes time to write a review online, how nice of you do so. Hope you will give us a call the next time you are coming up to South Lake Tahoe.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Upon my first sight of the hotel, I was instantly stricken with how dated the exterior of the hotel ways. Although it's not decrepit or anything, its style is straight from an earlier era, which I did not like. My room appeared to be updated very recently, however, there were multiple things wrong with it. First of all, my room was located right next to the activity center, which was temporarily located next to my room. There were loud thumps on the wall; it sounded like somebody was thrown against it. Next, although the room advertises itself as sleeping 5 people, it really doesn't. There's one bed in a separate room (with a door that doesn't lock, by the way), and two sofa-beds in the main room. However, they are positioned in such a way that only one can open, and after asking the staff if it was possible to move it around, they said no. So two people could sleep in the bed, two people could sleep in the sofa-bed, and one person has to sleep on the couch. Being the odd-man out in my family, I was forced to spend a night on probably the most uncomfortable couch that has ever been made. The hotel's website did not make it clear that the 5th person would have to sleep on the couch. Third, the room looked like it was put together in a rush. Outlets, light switches, and even the flat-screen TV were all crooked and looked bad. Upon arrival, one of the ceiling fans wasn't working, and we had to call maintenance to fix it. The hotel also has a pool, which is located practically in the parking lot, which is weird. The hot tub is very small. It could probably fit 3 people, at most. In the morning, it appeared as though they were cleaning the pool, so if I wanted to go swimming I couldn't. During my visit, they were in the process of paving the parking lot, so half of the parking lot was closed one day, and the other half was closed the other day. Unfortunately, half of the parking lot wasn't enough or all of the cars, which, obviously, was a problem. The breakfast was pretty basic: eggs, donuts, and fruit. I did not try the eggs, but the donuts did not taste very fresh, and neither did the fruit.

Overall, I was not very impressed with this hotel and would not stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a hotel that looks much nicer across the street. Perhaps you should get a room there.
3 Thank Jared S
, Manager at Americana Village, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed account of your stay. There is indeed a place in the room for a 5th person to sleep without being on the couch. For any future stay, please contact the Front Desk, as we would have happily fixed all of these issues. We strive to offer superior rooms and we will work tirelessly until all of our guests feel we have exceeded their expectations. I invite you to call me or any member of our management team to discuss this stay further.
Monterey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

From the outside, the Americana Village doesn't look like much. Quite honestly, it looks like a 2 star motel like the 6 or 8 variety. That's what I thought the past few times I drove by it when I stayed in Tahoe. I was thoroughly impressed with the accommodations here.
First, check-in was easy. I exchanged through RCI for a week but only stayed part of it. They called to confirm my stay and I let them know my plans. Upon check-in, the young lady at the front desk was very nice. She gathered all the pertinent information, gave me maps, schedules of events, and told me about different things to do in the area. As it was late morning, they still had some donuts and juice from the breakfast spread that she offered up and told me when they served it. Popcorn is available all day in the lobby.
When I got to the room, it was very spacious. I got a studio unit that had a large bed, there was sitting area with a couch that folds out to a bed, and a kitchen area with a full size fridge, blender. They did not have a stove but hot plates were available upon request. What got me was there were two large (possibly 42") TVs mounted on the wall. That was a bit much as the room wasn't that big but I guess if you have two shows/games on at the same time, you could watch both.
They have a recreational room with a computer and printer for guests to use. They also host different events like wii and bingo over here. The resort has a lot of things to do to keep you busy if you wanted to, or you could stay in your room and veg. The pool looked clean, and there was a small hot tub, but I did not try them out. Vending is available at the pool as well. There was a laundry room on site but I did not use it. A little construction was going on but the noise did not interfere with my sleep or anything. Quite honestly, unless you walked by where they were doing the work, you probably wouldn't have noticed it.
As for the location, it was great. Walking distance to the lake, casinos, restaurants, etc. This would be a great place to stay in the summer and just walk everywhere.
Overall, I was very happy with the Americana Village, nice staff, great amenities, free internet (good internet too!). They was always a smiling face to help you out if you had any questions. Totally would stay here again. Thanks for having me!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group