“Great Place that is Dog Friendly”

7 Seas Inn at Tahoe
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Sylvania, Ohio
“Great Place that is Dog Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

We were looking for a dog friendly place in Tahoe since we would be traveling with the pooches. I read a few threads on TA about places that were dog friendly. I also looked a reviews before make a decision where to book.

Carolyn and Kent are great hosts. We got in a bit late and Carolyn said they were worried about is as we thought we'd be there earlier. Check in was a breeze. We had two rooms on the second floor. DH and my room had a fireplace (not that we needed it this time of the year). We also had a little table with chairs right outside of our room which was a ncie place to hang out. Our god daughter's room was down the hall and didn't have a fireplace but it was just right for her.

There was a concert at Harrrah's Friday night and 7 Seas is down the street fron the outdoor pavilion so we got a free concert with our stay.

Saturday morning we enjoyed the breakfast that they offer along with the dogs enjoying treats from Kent. We sat out in the courtyard area and enjoyed the nice weather while to dogs greated the other guests staying at the Inn.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a great place for a great price that is close to the casinos and Heavenly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank 1delphi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
sacramento, ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

I guess I thought I had found some awesome secret spot because I was quite underwhelmed with the Seven Seas we got. While the owners were nice and there are some cute touches to the place, that isn't enough to make up for the negatives.

When we showed up, we waited so long for them to realize we were there that we almost walked out to find another motel. Perhaps we should have.

We got the last room in the house and I knew in advance it was going to be small. Since we were just staying for one night I knew the size wouldn't be a problem, even with four of us. But the tired room wasn't very clean. Actually, the room itself wasn't exactly dirty, but the bathroom had a lot of mold growth by the window and in the shower.

The noise was unbearable. There were partying Spring breakers staying above us and they brought their 190 lbs dog. I love dogs and we all enjoyed seeing the various dogs that were at the property. Yet when there's a 190 lbs dog running around above you all night with occasional barking that's a lot of noise! Add this to their festivities that went on for hours and hours, to the fight at 2am-ish and to a different room being kicked out (or some other reason for them to storm off loudly in the middle of the night) and that meant no sleep until 3am when exhaustion took over. We would have called the management but couldn't find the small black phone in the middle of the night, the noise was disturbing the kids enough, lights would have made it worse.

The hot tub was enjoyable and Kent coming by to turn on the music and LED lights was a nice touch. The breakfast and location were convenient. But that's not enough for me to recommend it or stay at again. Bummer.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank cyndo68
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

I stayed there for 14 nights from February 20th 2009. On first arriving I was not sure I would stay there for that length of time as was a walk to the gondola (although not many places closer) and thought maybe were other cheaper places to stay. Well there are cheaper places but no way will you get the service offered here. They (Kent and Carolyn) just love having people there to help and enjoy themselves. Kent is very gregarious but is kept in his place by the cool headed Carolyn - its funny to see them in action and to be part of it. The walk to the hotel eas easily solved by a hire car and driving to the California Lodge where the parking is free. Parking at the hotel is very convienient - right by room. Fridge in room for cold drinks, fireplace was very warm and king sized bed and bathroom spotless everyday. South Lake Tahoe has probably got a lot more to offer than at first seems evident and recommendations are certainly needed to find soem littel gems so this was another plus to stay there. Ok, there are cheaper places, but some are very shabby. There is no risk whatsoever in staying here.
Mark, London UK

1 Thank MarkEDinLondon
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2009

Just stayed 10 days at the Inn. it was overall a great stay. Excellent value for money and innkeepers are very friendly and helpful.

Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2009

Not only is this hotel close to the casino's and Heavenly Ski Resort, but the people are what bring me back. I have never been treated so well and made at home. This place will get you the most bang for your buck, in the perfect part of town and the best hospitality. I will always stay at 7 Seas Inn, no matter the time of year it is, everytime I visit S. Lake Tahoe. Great for weekend ski bums.

San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2009

My kid found this place when I asked him to Google up a cheap hotel South Lake Tahoe. This place was GREAT! I checked in at 11:30 pm after calling from I-5. Once the paperwork was done, the owner gave me a beer. I was shocked--in this day and age, something like that could only happen with a mom and pop owner! The next day, I asked if I could buy some aspirin. They said, "No, but we'll give you some--what do you want?" With that, they just locked in my repeat business forever. The 7 Seas Inn is within easy walking distance of the lake, two blocks from Harvey's and near the other casinos, and also a short walk to the Heavenly Ski Resort gondola. They have free wi-fi Internet access, and (can you believe this?) free long distance in the US!!! The free continental breakfast was available all day! I've never seen that before, except on the Concierge level of some high end business hotel. And if the owners are not too busy, sometimes they'll give you a quick ride up the block so you don't have to wait for the ski shuttle. There's nothing fancy about the rooms or the view, but the room we got was clean, and had comfortable queen size beds, extra pillows and blankets, a fridge, a microwave, and a color TV. There's also a jacuzzi downstairs. They are pet-friendly and they have a dog run in the back. Our gloves got wet from snowboarding all day, and when I mentioned it they brought a glove dryer up to our room. I have already told some of my friends about the Seven Seas Inn because we're always looking for a good bargain on a clean but cheap motel in South Lake Tahoe, and this place is a secret gem. The owners, Kent, Carolyn and Hannah, are friendly and gregarious and this is a place where no one is a stranger. They don't seem to be in it for the money--it's more for the fun they obviously seem to be having meeting new people and adding to everyone's enrichment. This was the best hotel experience I've ever had--bar none. I almost never write a positive review, and I know my talking it up on this website will probably make it harder to book a room here, but it's the least I can do to return their many favors and warm hospitality.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank CraigSanJose
Kissimmee, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

Kent and Carolyn provide the best customer service that I have ever experienced in a small motel. They offered us rides to the mountains and even invited my friend and myself as well as everyone else staying there into their home for a major feast. My favorite part of the room was the high powered shower with the best water pressure I have ever seen. The grounds were very well kept and they even have a very inviting jacuzzi. For the low price that we paid I expected much less. 7 Seas Inn is located very close to Harvey's Bus Stop where you can pick up transportation to any mountain that you want to visit so you do not have to rent a car. They will do anything in the world for you and I will be back there every time I visit Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends