7 Seas Inn at Tahoe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lake Tahoe Ambassador Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Cedar Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Alpine Inn & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Rodeway Inn Casino Center(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Basecamp South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Capri Motel(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Blue Jay Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
The Coachman Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Green Lantern Inn & Suites(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
All reviewshomemade breakfastevening receptionhappy hourother guestsprivate beachhot tubnew ownersplace to staywithin walking distanceenglish muffinstwo blockssmall hotelrooms are cleanheavenly villagebed and breakfastfire pitheavenly gondola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2014

7 Seas Inn provided exactly what I was looking for. Great location and great value. Retired and on the road for 40 days, I just wanted a clean room in a spectacular setting. A fireplace, microwave and refrigerator were included in the king room. The view was limited by other buildings and my husband loved the 1960 or 70ish bathroom mirror. The owners/managers obviously take great pride and care of their facility and were extremely hospitable.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

If/when I visit tahoe this is the place I will go back too. The place was small the rooms were big enough (don't spend too much time in a hotel room on vacation so the size didn't matter) the bed was comfortable the staff were very helpful and full of information and stories to tell. I spent hours searching for a place to stay in Tahoe but I will never have to look again....the location was fantastic, close to the beach/casino/shops and the gondola ride. The bar was cheap the breakfast well what more could you want tea/coffee/milk/juice 3 choices of cereal, toast, cakes and waffles also fresh fruit. The place had a family feel to it, breakfast in a morning and chat with other guests or take to your room if you prefer. There was also a garden/patio area which was lovely to sit out on a evening and socialise the gardens were kept beautiful. Other places inthe area didn't appear to have any garden/patio area. The hot tub looked well kept I didn't use it but other did and I didn't hear a bad word. Def a place to visit and very reasonable was the price.

Room Tip: The place is small I don't think it matters what room your in you won't have any issues sleeping. Go to the bar lots of stories everyone was great and made us feel so welcome
1  Thank 3m1ly1984
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I first read about the 7 Seas in a guidebook, then saw the amazing reviews on TripAdvisor. Given the gazillions of places to stay, it's cool this tiny place continues to get good press. Simple lodgings, no frills, but a lot more personality than a typical Travelodge or Comfort Inn, and ironically, much less expensive, given the stellar location. A true, lovely bargain. I'm so grateful that Tim and Grant and Carolyn CHOOSE to keep it affordable!

Booked direct through their website and got 10% off PLUS a welcome gift. They bent over backwards in helping me out BEFORE I arrived, when my plans suddenly changed.

Being a traveler who likes quiet lodgings, I was concerned that the on-site bar and seating areas might make it rowdy, but it was quiet. The hotel/B&B has an ambiance that encourages lodgers to hang out and get to know one another, as lodgers tend to be from around the globe! The grounds are full of so many nice touches - the flowing fountain, the grass area, a grill for barbecuing, and tons of semi-private and group seating areas. I was constantly finding cute little decoration niceties that made it just feel cozy and personalized. We enjoyed using the hot tub. Continental breakfast was like what's served at most places.

5-minute walk to casinos, 10-minute walk to Heavenly Gondola, and easy parking. The rooms could use some minor touch ups here and there [small nicks, scratches here and there], but I still feel I got more than what I paid for. The bed was super comfortable. This is for the no-nonsense value/budget traveler who wants a place with some PERSONALITY and not some soul-less hotel chain. A stunning example of an old-fashioned motel with unique flair. No pool, but access to private beach area.

I will highly recommend to others, and I look forward to visiting again!! These owners truly CARE about their place and about YOUR visit.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Extremely great value and location. Short walk to the casinos and stores. The room was small but very clean and parking was easy. I didn't indulge in the Continental breakfast or the happy hour so I don't have any comments. The managers, Carolyn and Grant, were extremely friendly and easy to talk with. I will return

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank dsquare149
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Beautiful 7 Seas Inn @ Lake Tahoe. The room we stayed, Room 216, was absolutely nice and cozy. The walk to the lake is about 5 mins. Remember to ask Time or Grant for the pass, otherwise you have to pay $5 per person to enter. Thank you Grant and Tim.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family