“The 7 Seas Inn was Very representative of a Great Tahoe Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 7 Seas Inn at Tahoe

7 Seas Inn at Tahoe
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Encinitas, California
“The 7 Seas Inn was Very representative of a Great Tahoe Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

The 7 Seas Inn was very representative of the Tahoe experience. The grounds were very picturesque, comfy, attractive, quiet and well kept. The Staff, there resident dog Hanna, and Owner are super friendly/ family like! They are extremely familiar of surrounding fun areas, restaurants and businesses as well as their time availability and there entertainment level. They have a nice little Breakfast Bar and plenty of outside seating in a garden endowed affair of nature’s surroundings. They had a Jacuzzi right outside our room. We ran out of time to use it as much as we wanted. Next time. But we will most defiantly be back and we will request the same room. The 7 Seas is off the beaten track but a stones throw (2 blocks) to the state line, the beach and stores & shops. As far as a service oriented establishments are concerned they are more than adequately able & informed and go to great length to please. It was great!
Donn and Roni Austin

Room Tip: See above write up. Everything you need is right there. We Will Be Back!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
Oakley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at 7 Seas Inn. Travelling with our dog it's great to find a truly "dog friendly" place to stay. The rooms are very well appointed with original artwork, nice furniture, gas fireplace, desk, and very comfortable beds. The breakfast room is fresh with several options, good coffee/tea, bread/bagel, fruit, etc. Everything is clean and fresh. But the best part is the staff. Grant, Carolyn, and Tim make you feel so at home. It's apparent they truly want you to enjoy South Tahoe as they do. Great recommendations and lots of local knowledge. Truly a wonderful destination and you can't beat the quality for the price.
Rick, Melodie, and "Buddy"

Room Tip: Pick One. We've been in a double upstairs and a Queen downstairs and they are equally well done...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was in town for the Emerald Bay half-marathon, and chose here because the rates were reasonable and it was very central. I am happy that I did. If you are looking for a luxurious room with all the modern touches - go for one of the casinos or resorts - you can stop reading now. If you are looking for fun, friendly, central, basic motel, very clean - this may be your place!
PROS: a few minutes walk from the back of Harvey's casino - a drop-off/pick up spot for the shuttle from Reno airport.
: a few minutes up the hill from the lake and few minutes down the hill from the main drag - very central/ideal location.
: Carolyn, the owner, is SO helpful and friendly and gave advice/coupons for local restaurants, drew maps etc and made me feel like family! Timothy is an absolute doll and lives on the premises - when Southwest lost my suitcase, he stayed up until almost 2 am to get it for me and hand it over - such service! Also, the photography tour people had called to confirm me and Carolyn called them back to let me speak to them. The customer service is brilliant.
: Very, very clean. I had 103, downstairs, with a Chinese theme, lots of toiletries...thick and plentiful towels.

I can't speak to the breakfast, because of the way my schedule fell together...

CONS: The walls were very thin and floors creaky and I had a big fella right above me, who I was constantly aware of. Also, they allow dogs; a few of the other people had very noisy, shrieking, yapping, wake you up dogs. Also, there happened to be a Harley biker rally in town and the bikes were bloody noisy and roared me awake on numerous occasions. Also, the fridge in my room kept buzzing and rumbled into life to wake me up. The bed was comfy and the coverings fine, it was all the noises. The one night that i didn't have to get up early, I was able to use ear plugs, which really helped, but I couldn't risk using them the mornings that I had to get up early!
: Since the motel is set down a hill with trees and stuff in front, my room was really dark, apart from the bathroom, which was bathed in light. I wanted to do some writing and debated on moving the desk into the bathroom, but i didn't!

So, all in all, great choice if you're looking for central, casual, friendly, reasonable prices...

Room Tip: Maybe one on the upper floor would offer more light and not be as noisy
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Yvonne M
Tulare, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Quaint, friendly environment. 2 blocks to private beach, 2 blocks to Nevada casinos. When I go on vacation I only need a room to sleep/rest, if you plan to entertain our room was too small. I had breakfast outside every morning, watching birds bathe in the fountain, pine needles drifting downward, a squirrel perhaps. They accept dogs and cats and even provide a hydrant. Very friendly, when I left I felt I was leaving family. I was there for one full week and would return. The price was reasonable and a great location, walking distance to laundry mat, grocery stores, drug stores, eateries, and entertainment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

My rating is based on the value/quality for the price and I thought 7 Seas was just fine and would stay there again. The rooms were a bit small, but not bad, the two that I saw were very different in decor, which I liked. Mine had a fireplace which was nice. The people were fabulous, very helpful and they steered us to a great Mexican restaurant! They seem to be making some improvements to the property -- that is always nice to see.
Liz F.

Room Tip: The place is off the main drag, so I don't think noise is an issue. We stayed in rooms 103 and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mammoth Lakes, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I booked this property based on other reviews from Tripadvisor. I wasn't expecting a lot, but it did not live up to the reviews.The room ok, quaint which was nice and had a fireplace, good for ski season. But it was cramped by the king bed. Closet door had been removed to make room for a second dresser. While the microwave and fridge is a nice feature it just made the room seem even smaller. The place has a small parking lot which is steep. (Not good for wintertime) As a property manager I tend to notice things a little more like paint peeling around the windows etc. The bath was clean, but there was paint blisters in some areas. The shower stall looked like it had a door at one time but has been replace by a curtain. The ceiling in the stall needs to be cleaned on a regular basis as there was that orange mildew on it. Property is in a good location. (I was there for a concert at Harrah's) The place needs from TLC such as painting inside and out. I don't feel it was worth the $99 rate at this time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank doug c
Long Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Number 5 in South Lake Tahoe?

We reserved two nights here based on the flattering reviews on Tripadvisor. Yes, the owners were friendly and the place was clean, but the room was awful. We were given room 111. Two queen beds were crammed into a small room that couldn't accommodate them. Why? Smaller beds, or one bed, would have been fine, but with the queens there was barely room to turn around. We had to climb around the bed to get into the bathroom and over the bed to get to the closet, where the refrigerator was. How unprofessional. It wasn't worth the effort to try to unpack--we cancelled our second night. The entire building is dark, cramped and cluttered. We skipped breakfast--we couldn't wait to get our of there! It was a low point in our trip.

Our bill with tax was $90 (plus $7.50 to cancel the second night.) We weren't expecting luxury by any means, just a comfortable room in which to unwind. There are dozens of motels in the area with similar prices which looked so much more inviting. We have always trusted Tripadvisor, and the other places we stayed on our trip matched the descriptions. In this case, we were very disappointed

On the bright side, we were happy to discover nearby Lakeside Beach, with its beautiful view and charming outdoor restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joe C
THufler, Manager at 7 Seas Inn at Tahoe, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Our Inn was built in the 1960's and we do our best to blend the traditional style of the Inn with the needs of today’s guests. All the rooms at the Inn are the same size, fitted with either two queen beds or one king sized bed. Most guests prefer larger more comfortable beds and the savings of accommodating a family in one room. Unfortunately, that room was not a good fit for you.