Camp Richardson Resort
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$244
$219
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $318/night.

Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$212
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$189
$159
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$429
$349
  • Pool
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$269
Official Hotel
Marriott's Timber Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$349
Marriott
  • Pool
Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$269
3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$110
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
$299
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $365/night.

All reviewsgeneral storetent campingbeacon restaurantthe ice cream parlorbeachside innshower facilitiesrum runnersrv experiencecross country skigreat campsitebike ridesjet skifallen leaf lakebeautiful place to staycan't beat the locationevery summerfamily reunion
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have been camping at Camp Richardson for over 40 years and I have to tell you it gets worse and worse each year. Camp Richardson does live up to the rules it has posted when you drive in.
Years back camping meant a peaceful time in the forest. Now it is a zoo. Quiet hours are posted and ten o'clock p.m. is when the campground should quiet down. Well, that is just when the party is starting. The music is so loud and it is like this generation does not get that you go there to enjoy yourself, but they make it miserable for so many families with children. They overbook the campground so that you are standing in line to use the bathrooms. The new bathrooms on the Eagles Nest side are not great. The showers are terrible. Very little water comes out. I love the resort as a whole, but the management is poor for the campgrounds. People come in with their dogs and they give them a slap on the wrist instead of kicking the owners out of the campground.
It's posted "absolutely no dogs" and yet they do nothing about it. I feel it is all about the money.
So disappointed with the management of this place. Another thing I don't like is when I stayed in the hotel they allow people to bring their dogs and sleep in the rooms. I have a dog and I never bring him into a hotel room. I questioned the management about this and I told them dogs can leave ticks in the room. I find this absolutely disgusting. Too much partying going on in these campgrounds and they need to put their foot down and stop it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is quaint which I usually appreciate but the experience was not my best. The lack of air conditioning on one of the hottest weeks of the year could be part of my dissastifaction however, the noise on from traffic takes away the feeling of being at a camp. When we asked for ice we were told they could not find the key. These were just a few of the items that made this trip less than ideal.

1  Thank gnomite
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This review is for the Resort & campground.

The Good:
1. You can't beat the location - right on the lake or half a mile out if you're on the far side of the campground.
2. A coffee shop, ice cream parlor AND general store here - yay
3. Great bear containers - use them
4. Great bathrooms if you use the new one at Eagle's Nest (there are 2 at least - one old, one new)
5. Safe - had no worries about letting my kids run amuck - even the main road that runs through the property is pretty safe because there's a crosswalk and folks are really great about stopping for everyone to cross the street
6. Staff seemed great - never had a problem with them

The not-so-good:
1. Plumbing - seems to be an issue here - there are no sinks to wash your dishes in - you have to use a hose on the ground by the bathrooms. Plus, after 4 attempts to get shower tokens, I finally got a few, took a shower (very nice showers i must say in the New facilities at Eagle's Nest) but they have some sort of water-saving plan I'm guessing because you get one minute of hot water and one minute of cold - for the entire 15 minute shower! Weird. Luckily - the older shower/bath facilities in Eagle's Nest did not have that 'problem' - but the facilities were much poorer. Plus - the only place to get water is near the bathrooms there - no other spickets spotted.
2. Other people: seems to me, campgrounds should start placing you according to your level of camping experience. Rookies nearby at any campground can really affect you when camping (see #3)
3. Bears! I almost didn't book here because of the bears - they totally have them. Plus, I asked for a site furthest from the road which means we would be closer to the bear territory AND the group sites (see #2 above). We had zero problems until the nearby rookies moved in on Night 3 and decided there was one cooler they didn't need to put into the bear container and thus, the yelling, screaming and bear patrol arrived. With people screaming at bears in the middle of the night when a simple clang-clang-clang of some pots & pans will do - its hard to sleep and unnerving as these nice folks basically panic, making it all sound much worse than it is. When I asked the kind young man what it was the bear was doing every night for two nights in a row to warrant such swearing, panic, and car horns, he replied "nothing" - " just standing there". Granted, this is an issue at any resort in Tahoe most likely as you can't control who your neighbors are when camping so my 4 stars versus 5 is really due to the plumbing not the bears.

Overall, I would stay here again but not in a tent. Although am not sure that there hotel or cabin prices are worth the extra money just for the location but I didn't go in them so can't really review those. Either way - have fun & please respect the 10p quiet hour folks!

2  Thank SFBayMommy
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went camping with the family at Camp Richardson in Tahoe. The family loved this campground! It’s so close to so many amenities! You could drive to one of many nearby restaurants or even the casinos! No need to cook at your campsite, which is good because the bears do come by and visit every so often. We had (2) cubs and a Mama bear visit the campgrounds twice while we were there.
Camp Richardson has a café, general store, ice cream parlor and deli! This is the lazy family’s campground! You can’t even call it camping anymore with all these nearby amenities, LOL.
Some sites are small and you don’t get a lot of privacy, this is truly a “Tent City” campsite, but it beats paying $100+ for a hotel room and you get to roast S’mores at night!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My son left his new windbreaker in the General Store. We had already driven half way back to San Fran for our flight home. The manager of the store took my name and address, and walked the jacket and information over to the lost and found and we have received it safe and sound back in NC. We are grateful for the excellent customer service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family