“Good, well-maintained budget hotel near skiing”
Review of Alpine Inn & Spa

Alpine Inn & Spa
Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We found the Alpine Inn because the place we'd originally reserved in South Lake Tahoe was closed when we arrived in town at midnight. We got a decent room that was a bit dated but clean and well-maintained, for about $60 (there hadn't been a ton of snow, but I felt the rate was fair). A great place to stay if you're looking to be close to downtown and Heavenly without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have stayed here twice when I have wanted to get away from eveyrone and everything. Room was clean. Bathroom needs some work as paint job and tile jobs were a bit shoddy. Close to casinos, restaurants, galleries and lake.

Only complaint is the walls are super thin so bring ear plugs. Parking is a bit odd some space in front others ont he side of bldg. Not sure if there is enough parking on busy week-end as I have only vistied off season. Oh and on weeks ends there tends to be lots of dope smoke teens that stay at the Alpine so if you have an adversion to dope smoke I suggest you stay elsewhere

Will I come back???? Probably yes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place was the perfect location, very clean, very pleasant owners. We could walk to the casinos and the Lake. We loved the outdoor hot tub, although a bit shallow. Nice landscaping, well maintained both inside and out. Very affordable. This was the best value of our whole trip. Only wish we stayed here longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OJRNH
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The sheets were clean, crisp and white, the in-room tub was great and overall the room was snug but clean enough for someone who requires an above average level of cleanliness. The thing about this place is that I was cut quite short by whom I believe to be one of the owners.My request, I will completely admit was incredible farfetched, was responded to was incredibly off-putting manor for someone who relies on customers to make a living. After a 4 hour drive we arrived incredibly early for check-in. Check-in is at 3 and we arrived a little after 10 am. The owner had every right to tell me that there was no room available at that time. I knew it was a long shot and did not expect the answer to be "Yes, we have a room ready." What I also did not expect was to not even be able to finish my question before the woman in her pj's interrupted me to rather angrily let me know that "CHECK IN IS AT 3." Ok, it was a long shot and I knew that. We were just looking for a place to change clothes before the event we drove there for started. The Red Hut Cafe ended up provided that. There are a lot of ways to communicate with a paying customer, short uninterruptive saltiness isn't typically the way to get a repeat customer and when we went back this last weekend we stayed at the Tahoe Seasons Resort for $10 more a night and I had the most incredible stay.

Room Tip: Every room has a spa and they are nice. The jets are powerful and the tub fills pretty quickly. They...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of the older motels that sit just off of Lake Tahoe Blvd. Just 2 blocks to the lake/beach and a stone's throw away from Harvey's casino. For the area, it's a good value price-wise, but it is one of the older motels and shows a little of it's age. It's an open courtyard design so a bit noisy, if the other motel guests are noisy, hopefully you don't have any heavy party-people if you decide to go. That being said though the rooms are older, they are decently kept - clean, spacious for the style and come with a mini fridge. Probably the most wear is shown in the bathrooms which could use a little cleaning and updating. But a good value choice if you really want to be close to the casinos and don't want to spend $$$ staying at the Marriott or one of the casinos (especially if you don't plan to spend much time in the room anyway.)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a one night stay. Arrived early. The manager was very obliging and allowed us in early which gave us the freedom to do some sightseeing of the locality. Walking distance to both the beach, you get a free beach pass included in price, and the main thoroughfare of the town.
The grounds are well kept and the pool was clean.
The room was small but had all the essentials for the night. There is a separate toilet. The spa bath is separated by a screen from the main room, unusual but not off putting. The spa bath was good. Whether I could stay here for several nights is questionable.
For the price of under $60 it was very acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great diamond in the rough close to the casinos and the lake. Visited with my four kids and parents and had a fantastic time. We didn't have to drive anywhere as everything is walking distance from their--casinos and beach. The rooms were clean and the staff was accommodating. The pool area and grounds are nicely landscaped with plenty of chairs and tables. I will stay here again when I return to the S. Lake Tahoe area and highly recommend it.

-Ignacio

Room Tip: If you want rooms that connect with an interior door, ask right away and before you arrive so they c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family