Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe
Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$139
Americana Tahoe
$125
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$129
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$126
3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$73
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$177
$157
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$199
$164
  • Pool
Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$189
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
$459
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 16, 2008

Well, the place could certainly do with a bit of updating but overall we found it quite acceptable for a two night stay whilst travelling through Tahoe. Pretty good location, close to restaurants etc and despite proximity to the main road our room was relatively quiet. We had a balcony which offered a view over the the grass area / pool looking out to the Lake which was pleasant. Staff were helpful. Don't bother eating at the Rib place attached to the hotel as it was pretty poor and the atmosphere was grim. Instead check out Chevvy's (5min walk) which provided good value food in much more pleasnat surroundings.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Well, I will first start off by saying that the toilet in the bathroom did not flush. Secondly the room smelled like smoke, even though it was a non smoking room. Overall it looked like the room hadn't been cleaned in years. The shower was so disgusting, it has grime and mildew all over the shower head and the shower curtain, which was supposed to be white, was red and brown from all the dirt. This was the first shower that I had taken, where I felt even dirtier than when I got in it. To follow that up the towels were stained, and when I went to brush my teeth, a chunk of something fell out of the faucet. Ooh. Not too cool. For the price this was horrible. We didn't even end up staying the night, we had them refund our money and drove the half hour up to Carson City and stayed at the Courtyard Marriott which was fantastic. Anyways, not a great place to stay if you want to feel sanitary.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank timtanium1111
Reviewed June 29, 2008

The price to stay at this hotel was cheap.That is about the only positive thing I can say. The carpets were old and stained. Underneath the carpet was a hole in the floor. The electrical plugs either shocked you or blew sparks when you plug in something. The pool is about the size of a large jacuzzi. The railings on the patios are ready to fall off. We travelled with a large group and everyone was very disappointed with the accomodations.
This hotel needs a major rennovation job! The pictures on the Web site must be at least 20 years old. The hotel looks nothing like the photos.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I stayed there kinda off-season for $50 a night so for that money the place was nice. It's true that it needs renovation especially in the bathrooms, but at least everything worked and was clean. I didn't have problems during the stay, didn't see any bugs, the room was quite big for the price and each has a balcony facing the lake, which you almost cannot see from the biuldings in front, but still you could see the hills on the side and overall was a OK view.
The hotel's location is probably the best thing about it, it's right on the major road through the village; it boasts proximity to the beach, but in reality it's a private beach where you cannot stay :), still, many restaurants, gas stations and shops nearby, casinos are only 3-5 min drive away. Don't know how this hotel compares to others during summer and ski season, but for 50 bucks it's worth it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2006

This motel was not impressive from a aesthetic perspective (bathroom was run down, even had a chunk of the door molding missing, but for the price, it was sufficient), however what impressed me was their customer service. I woke up at 11:30 am on Sunday, too hung over to move, so I called the front desk and asked what time check out was: "Noon", he said. "Is there anyway to get an extention on that?" I asked. "How long do you need?" "Like, a couple of hours..." "Well," he said, "I cant give you that long, because I need to get the rooms clean, but I can give you an hour." "That's fine." I said. "Can I get a towel?" (because my husband had somehow used EVERY towel in the room) "Sure", he said, "I'll send someone right over with one." And sure enough, the maid came about 10 minutes later with a couple of towels. I was ever so gratefull...

1  Thank kwikcat