“Cozy place with great staff and great food”
Review of Getaway Cafe

Getaway Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Getaway Cafe serves alpine comfort cuisine just a short distance from your favorite outdoor activities in South Lake Tahoe.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We happened upon this little gem just outside South Lake Tahoe and loved it. The staff were friendly and warm, the food was awesome, and the place seemed full of locals. We got some great sightseeing tips from the waitresses.

Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hope you put those sightseeing tips to good use, Jerri! There's so much to enjoy in the area, and I'm glad that you fit us into your trip. We love meeting new folks just as much as we enjoy seeing our local regulars, so I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you visit!

Best,

There are newer reviews for Getaway Cafe

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We've been to Tahoe at least 4 times a year fro the last 30 years. Don't know when tis place opened but this trip we found it. Stopped for a quick lunch on our way to see the fall color on 89 / 88.
The special lunch sandwich for the day was a chicken club on sourdough. Chicken breast, jacks cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado on sourdough with honey mustard. WHAT a sandwich. Wife and I both ordered it. Only mistake we made was each getting one, we could have shared. We each ate 1/2 and had the other half for dinner. Came with fries.

Great meal, good value, Outstanding FRIENDLY service.
This is now a must stop for us when near Tahoe valley.

1  Thank Bill J

To answer your question, Bill, we opened up in 2006. Though it's taken a few years for you to discover us, I'm thrilled that your first lunch was such a memorable one. We definitely load up our sandwiches, so sharing is a good call! I look forward to see you and your wife next time you're in the area.

All the best,

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived after a long drive up the mountain tired and hungry. Heard about this café so decided to get something to eat. It is quaint and the food and service were very good. The waitresses were friendly and service was quick. But then they did not rush us out, we relaxed a while then left to continue our trek into Lake Tahoe. We had sandwiches for lunch but the menu was really nice and we plan on stopping there again to try other items next visit.

That long drive up the mountain sure can work up an appetite! I'm glad that you felt right at home and enjoyed your sandwiches. I'd love to hear your thoughts on some of our other dishes, too, so don't be a stranger. We'd love to welcome you back!

Cheers,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I love their breakfast. The food is very good, the service is timely and the atmosphere welcoming. Their home fries are awesome. We go there on a regular bases and have always had a great meal.

We love hearing from our regulars, Raquel! I'm thrilled that you've only been impressed by our welcoming atmosphere, quick service, and tasty home fries. If there's ever anything we could be doing to take your experience up a notch, just let me know. I appreciate the feedback!

See you soon,

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Worth the drive from south lake! This is the best restaurant for breakfast ever! I had the coconut crusted french toast- mmmm!

Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thanks for making the drive out from South Lake to see us! I'm flattered that we're at the top of your list for breakfast, and it's great to hear that the Coconut Crusted French Toast hit the spot. It's a house specialty! Thank you for sharing your experience—don't be a stranger!

Best,