“Great breakfast!”
Review of Getaway Cafe

Getaway Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Getaway Cafe serves alpine comfort cuisine just a short distance from your favorite outdoor activities in South Lake Tahoe.
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stopped on our way out of town simply because it was on our way. What a nice surprise! I had the banana pancakes and they were wonderful. Very moist and lots of flavor. Slices of banana in the pancakes which added sweetness and a soft texture. My husband had the heuvos rancheros which he said were great. We sat outside which was a little wet since it was early and the sprinklers had been on but it was a nice setting.

Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Barb,

I'm happy to hear that we happened to be on your way out of town! Thanks for stopping and letting us provide a great breakfast for you. I'm glad you enjoyed everything. Stop in and see us again if you're ever in town again.

Discovery Bay
“Small but Great.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This place can get packed, which is in response to the great food they serve. They do have outdoor seating, but it was a little to warm, so we waited for a table to open up inside.
I have been here for breakfast and dinner. Both were great. I had the Huevos Rancheros for breakfast which was one of the best I have ever had. Blue cheese burger for dinner was also very good. I will return each time I am in Tahoe. Until next time….

Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I'm happy to hear that you've tried us for breakfast and dinner, and that both were great! Nice choices on both visits, and we're honored to hear that the Huevos Rancheros were the best you've had. We definitely look forward to your next trip to Tahoe so we can provide another delicious meal. I appreciate you taking the time to give us a great review!

All the best,

Vancouver, Washington
“Great food”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This cafe wasn't as close to us a i thought but it was well worth finding it. The staff was very friendly and the food was awesome. I would definitely go back.

Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Shawn,

I'm happy to hear that you found us to be worth the search! Thanks for coming to see us and writing a great review. It's great to know that you enjoyed the food and service. We'd love to see you back any time you're in the area again.

North Salt Lake, Utah
“Food well prepared, nice break from the crowds in Tahoe”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our dinners at the Getaway Cafe were well prepared. Our group had four different selections and all were good. It was not too far from where we were staying in South Lake Tahoe (8 miles). It was actually good to have a break from the crowds in South Lake Tahoe. Menu was a mix of chicken, pasta, salads and hamburgers. There is indoor and outdoor seating available.

Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We appreciate you choosing us to take a break from the crowds. I'm glad everyone in your group enjoyed their food and I appreciate you pointing out our indoor and outdoor seating. Come see us again if you're ever in the area. Thanks for the great review!

Rustington, England, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stopped here for lunch. It was a little difficult to find in that the SatNav did not like the address. However, it was well worth persevering (it is on the right coming away from South Tahoe, south of the Pioneer Trail and just past the Paradise Golf Club which is on the left). The food was very, very good. We both opted for a salad. I had the Asian salad which was delicious with the honey and sesame dressing just right. My partner had the blackened chicken salad which he also thought was delicious (and not too blackened as these things sometimes are). There were many other tempting dishes on the menu. The waitresses were particularly warm and friendly. It doesn't look much from the outside but I would highly recommend this restaurant to all.

1 Thank Sally H
Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Sally,

Thanks for sharing the good information on how to find us! I'm sure others will appreciate it too. I'm glad that the service you received was top notch and that you both thoroughly enjoyed your salads. If you're ever back this way, be sure to stop in and say hello again. Thanks so much for the great review!

All the best,