“Good food with outdoor seating”
Review of Macduff's Pub

Macduff's Pub
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had dinner here on a Friday night. The wait was only about 10 minutes. We all shared the artichoke dip, calamari and chicken wings. I would take a pass on the chicken wings, they were the smallest chicken wings I have ever seen. The artichoke dip with the pesto flatbread was very good.The calamari was very tender. We also had the fish and chips and a burger and both were very good. The service was very good even though it was a busy Friday night.

There are newer reviews for Macduff's Pub

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Atmosphere is nice, but service is slow and drinks/food are overpriced. Service was nice when we had it but it was slow and attention to detail could be better. I ordered corn beef and cabbage, which was delicious but I only ate nearly half of it because I was full. Great I have leftovers for tomorrow! A server came by and took our plates but returned with our bill and no box. When I questioned about my leftovers, he admitted they were thrown out without thinking but promised to have some made up for me. We were thrilled with his willingness to fix it so we tipped more than normal. Once I got my box we left. I later opened my box to find there was just mashed potatoes and cabbage. The main part I paid for, the meat, was not replaced. Granted they were busy, but they all share the floor without having anyone assigned to certain sections but the same server took my plate away, promised to replace it, and brought the box by and still didn't get what I wanted. By having everyone share the floor, no one knows what is going on. Look for somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Third trip to Tahoe and always go to Macduff's! Have had Guinness stew, fish & chips, Shepherds pie, lamb burgers...all are outstanding. The selection of draft & bottled beer is impressive and the service is friendly and good. The only complaint I could have is everyone knows about this place now so sometimes the wait is long, but well worth it!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great food and beer, huge menu, we've eaten here at least 2-3x now, every time we've been we say, we goota go here more often. Food was excellent, well priced and well prepared.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

When our group of twenty-five or so old college friends needed a suitable place for a Saturday night dinner in July at South Lake Tahoe, we considered a number of places, a lot of which did not meet our needs. We wanted a casual, yet not rustic venue. The place had to have good food at a reasonable price. While some of us had slowed down in the thirst department, we nonetheless needed a variety of beverages, from a higher quality selection of beers and wines to more adult potions. Outdoor seating to take advantage of the beautify July Tahoe evening weather would be a plus. And, of course, attentive and professional service would be a requirement.

One of our members who lives at SLT recommended MacDuff’s Public House. It turned out to be a perfect choice. Management was totally understanding of our needs and exceeded all of our requirements. One of our dinner choices was an individually requested and perfectly grilled New York steak topped with their beer-battered Maui onion rings. The roasted salmon was also nicely done; both being accompanied by serviceable mashed potatoes and a Caesar salad with the requisite chopped romaine lettuce, homemade croutons, shavings of parmesan cheese. In addition, the insalata Caprese had some nice, but a little short of perfect ripeness by a week or two, tomatoes and good quality mozzarella cheese. The outdoor seating on their grassy patio was private and comfortable. Service was professional and timely and MacDuff’s even arranged for a Tahoe evening with a perfect combination of mild temperature, abundant sunlight, and a mild breeze. Of course, they can’t guarantee such conditions every time. Our MacDuff’s dinner was a perfect capper to a terrific weekend with old friends.