“OK, over priced”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went for lunch, Service was slow (one bartender/waitress). Portion sizes good, however, prices at least 25% too high. Average quality.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We ordered the onion rings, the fish and chips, and the shepherds pie for lunch. Everything was just ok. The portions were HUGE for lunch. Too big in fact. The onion rings and the fish were battered and fried in the same breading. Blah...The fish came with 2 huge pieces, a huge portion of fries, and a large scoop of coleslaw which had a sour quality to it. I was not a fan of any of it. The shepherds pie was decent but nothing noteworthy. Overall, the service was good and food was ehhh. We wouldn't go back here.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The best seats in the house are upstairs but the outside tables are great as well. Great Bar Food, The onion rings are out of this world. A real Burger, and burger lovers know what I mean. Very Happy.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The fish and chips were OK, but certainly not up to the standards of a true pub in the UK. Service as efficient and friendly. More of an open dining hall on the main level, with no feeling of being in a pub at all.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went to this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews. We like to relax after a day of sightseeing and that's what was really missing in this dining experience along with good service. We were directed to go upstairs where there were empty tables in the dining area. I would like to tell you why we were not allowed to sit at those tables but we could not understand the young lady. They made us wait and then had us sit in the bar area at a high table up against a wall. It was very loud and very hot in this restaurant/bar. As we uncomfortably sat there waiting for service, our interest in a few drinks and a meal waned and we decided to eat and get out. We were sorry we just didn't get out!

Before ordering my husband asked the waitress a few questions about the menu. He ordered the french onion soup and a hamburger, I the shepherd's pie. After a long wait, a gentleman brought our food but no french onion soup. We told him to forget the soup. The waitress came over to apologize (good move) but said we confused her with too many questions (bad move). Don't blame the patron for a missed dish. My husband was ready to dive into his hamburger but realized there were no condiments on the table and not seeing a waitress around, had to get up and get some off the empty tables in the dining area. The other reviewers mentioned big portions. Really? Did they have the shepherds pie? I was still hungry when I finished eating. My husband did like the hamburger.

After giving the check and our charge card to the gentleman, another waitress, who we never saw the whole night, walks over and asked us if we were ready for our check. At this point I could only laugh at the disorganization of this establishment.

1  Thank Quilter20