“Lovely restaurants with good customer service”
Review of Macduff's Pub

Macduff's Pub
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Found this restaurant from the review in Tripadvisor, so we decided to go there since we don't know where we should go for dinner. Might have to wait for a while. Cosy place with place for pets. So if you have dog and can't bear to either leave them at home or in the car, you can bring them along. The owner has a big dog nearby and will occasionally make its round around the restaurant.

The server were able to introduce some nice dishes to us and we had a lovely dinner!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our party of four ordered three entrees due to my wife saying she wasn't 'that hungry'. Bangers & Mash was just as good as i remembered it from my visit last year. The two onion rings with which it was topped had such a light batter and were so delicious, I asked the waitress for a full order for us to share. My friend's Reuben Sandwich was 'one of the best I've ever had', to use his words. His wife's Macaroni & Cheese with Bacon was served PIPING hot and was quite delicious. The portions were ample on every plate. To top of the meal, we ordered a bread pudding to share. OH, my goodness, it was fantastic. This is a 'must go to place' when you're in Lake Tahoe. While we ate outside last year, the outside seating was closed due to bad weather. I would have preferred outside as I don't like televisions in restaurants, even pubs, because people don't need to be entertained every minute and because teles only add to the noise level, which makes good conversation over dinner very difficult..

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Small, quaint, come-as-you-are place to eat! The Shephard's Pie is to die for! All of their menu items are fantastic. We ate there three times at least during our two-week stay at SLT.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really liked the setting of this restaurant and it was super comfortable to relax in. Really casual dining, good service, and mellow place to watch a game and eat or drink. I think I'd recommend this place maybe as somewhere to get a drink at, but unless you want something super specific that only they sell, it's too expensive for what you get. The food wasn't bad, but for being in such a casual environment, a personal pizza, french fries with fried fish, and two beers set us back more than $50. I'd rather spend the money on somewhere with a little more fine dining over more or less a bar environment. If you're not too worried about the price, this place is pretty chill.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food is great! Lots of pub food/Irish food options and having eaten there several times the food has always been very good! Lots of locals seem to visit here as many people know one another. The place has received high ratings on tripadvisor and Yelp for good reason, it is good.
Dress is extremely casual and a few locals bring their dogs along. The staff is really nice and knowledgeable and really go out of their way to make your dining experience a good one. Whenever we visit Tahoe, this is one of our must visit restaurants. There is an outside eating area to enjoy during the summer.