“great food and service”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were visiting SLT and decided to take a chance on Macduffs as it was close to our motel.
Perhaps the bast food and service we encountered on our trip through NorCal.
We had the fish and chips, and the Reuben sandwich. Both were fresh and tasty.
Another highlight was the selections of beers and cocktails. My margarita was made with fresh squeezed juice - best I've had in a long time.
The bartender, waitress, and manager all came over to ask us about our dining experience.
My answer is -- don't miss Macduff's!!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The food here is excellent. I had the Shepherds pie and it was the best I have had in the US, made with real lamb. I tried my son's fish & chips and they were excellent too. The chips weren't UK style but still good. Service is good and food was served very quickly. Prices are a little high. The place is pretty basic but decked out like a British pub and looks quaint from the outside.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

While visiting South Lake Tahoe, we went fishing two days and had accumulated three large mackinaws. We asked our fishing guide if he knew any place in town that would cook them for us. Boy oh boy did we luck out with MacDuff's Public House - 1041 Fremont Avenue, South Lake Tahoe - tel: 530-542-8777. We brought our catch to MacDuff's (our guide only gutted them) and they were very accommodating in fileting them and cooking them for us. Our dinner was beyond excellent. They prepared ALL the fish in three different ways - part blackened, fried, and the third selection was in a sherry & butter sauce. Our fish was accompanied by a nice salad, absolutely delicious roasted vegetables, and fries. The fish was superb!!!!! The staff was excellent and happy we were there. The cost was $19.50 per person. The restaurant is the type of place we like to go to also. It is a blue jeans place with no fancy cloth tablecloths - just your typical good place to go eat and drink beer. It was an unforgettable experience that I will remember forever. Hats off to MacDuff's.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a pear salad $13, Ruben $13 the salad was very good, sandwich ok , but I thought the price was high for what we got. Good food higher prices

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have no idea why we've never gone to Macduff's, but now we're hooked! A little difficult to find, but it's across from the lake, down Fremont Street, just off Hwy 50. What a surprise! Outside dining had a waiting list, so we opted to eat at the bar upstairs. A bit stuffy, but there's nothing better than watching a Giant's game, drinking a cold one, eating pub grub and hanging out with the bartender. He had cornbeef and cabbage and it was cooked to perfection. I had a chicken pie and WOW! was I every surprised! Amazing fluffy crust and great filling. Pliney the Elder made a brief appearance (imagine that??), and there were so many beers on tap, that we'll have to come back many times to try them all. We had a great time, stayed late and will be back next time we're in SLT.