“WOW... That about describes it!!!”
Review of Macduff's Pub

Macduff's Pub
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sacramento, California
“WOW... That about describes it!!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

In a few words ... Mouth watering Fish and Chips, incredible Corn Beef and Cabbage and to water it all down some incredible drink options. Hope these guys keep it simple and don't expand or anything. Oh and that dog that roams around (Bob) ... All part of the ambiance. Like I said ... WOW .... well done !!!!

Auburn, California
“A hidden gem!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

You can't drive down the main drag and find this place, but the locals certainly know where it is.
The atmosphere is very informal and inviting, with a large flat screen showing the current sporting event. This a pub, but the menu has something for everyone.

My wife and I each had the french onion soup and thought it excellent. We SHARED the superb fish and chips. Sharing is recommended for many of the dishes on the menu. When we come back, we are going the try the homemade pizza that looked delicious.

Get out your GPS and find this place!

• Visited March 2013
Midland, Texas
“Very cool little pub with great food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We liked this place so much we ate there twice on our four night trip to Tahoe. On our first night they cooked up our fish that we'd caught that day out on the lake with Tahoe Sportfishing. They cooked it 3 ways - in a sherry cream sauce, blackened and fried. All were terrific and they came with a huge salad, a bunch of fresh veggies and some awesome fries. Good cocktails and beers too. On our second night we tried their pizza which was very good, as well as their phenomenal truffle mac and cheese and more fish and chips.

I'm a bit of a foodie and this place jumped into one of my top 5 favorite restaurants ever even though it's nowhere near as swanky as some of the places I've eaten. It's not fancy food, it's just really well done pub food with great service. If it was in my town, I'd eat there way too often.

Visited March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Decent Food”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Your take on the food may depend on what you order. There were six of us and most enjoyed the food. The pot pie received great praise with a nice large puffy crust and creamy inside. I had the hawaiian pulled pork which was too salty and somewhat flavorless. The menu here is very random and all over the place with hawaiian dishes (from Hawaiian chef), Welsh, Irish, American, seafood dishes, pizza... It seems to be trying to hit every food search possible when looking for food online. Doing too many items seems to be it's downfall. Wish we have tried the pizza it was quite the hit around our table. The beer menu lacked any direction as well. Good service too.

• Visited March 2013
Tempe, Arizona, United States
“So good after a long day of riding!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Wow. The fish and chips were just stupid good! Easily the best I've ever had! I also tried my friends shepherds pie, and chowder, and they were delicious!

Visited March 2013