“Scottish......hmmm, but food was fab!”
Review of Macduff's Pub

Macduff's Pub
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Scottish......hmmm, but food was fab!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Couple of kilts to make this a Scottish pub but that's all, so don't think you'll get the Scottish feel around the place. However, the food was superb and can definately suggest the clam chowder and the calamari. Staff were really friendly. Bit hard to find.....go past the bowling club on Freemont and you'll see it there. Would def go again.

Visited February 2013

Sacramento, California
“Terrible service”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

On a recent visit to Tahoe with my husband and friends we ventured to Macduffs. We had been here before and the food wasn't great but we had heard that the ownership had changed and thought since it is so close to our cabin we would try it again. To our surprise the food was actually much better. However, the service was awful. We wanted to watch a bowl game at the pub since they have a large big screen TV. However, we were told despite wanting to order more drinks(our bill was already over $100) and us asking politely if we could stay where we were seated(in front of the big screen) that we would have to move to the bar. This while the lunch crowd had mostly left already and there were lots of table available. We had already ordered another round of beers(our second) and decided to finish our beers and go somewhere else to watch the game. The waitress and waiter came to our table to collect the check at least 3 times while we were trying to finish our beers. Annoyed we finished up faster and handed the waitress our bill. When she promptly returned we signed with the tips and we handed the receipts back quickly.(at this point I couldn't get out of the pub fast enough they staff was being so rude.) Then the waitress came back to our table and said we accused us of not putting the signed copy in the bill holder(completely untrue) we searched under the table and offered to sign a duplicate copy. She refused to print a duplicate copy for us to sign. I will not ever go to this place again and I have told all of my friends who frequent Tahoe not to go either. I don't mind paying good money for decent service & food but I refuse to be treated the way we were.

• Visited December 2012
Texas
“Exceeding my expectations”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had read a couple of reviews from different sources and took a bunch of friends to Macduffs for a first time experience. I told my friends that I thought it was going to be good but after about two bites of the food I was sold. I tried a couple of appetizers and the sheppards pie and fish/chips entrees. The pub aspect was great as well. They have some excellent beers on tap and after trying my fiends cocktail I was very pleased with the pour. Everything was excellent including the service. I will be going to this place every time I come back to Lake Tahoe. This place is a little off the beat and bath but not hard to find. It's not cheap but don't think twice, just go.....

• Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food nice atmosphere and good service.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Great food nice atmosphere and good service. Great Fish & Chips. We also had the Rueben which was good. Bread pudding was so good a must have for desert.

Staten Island, New York
“Guinness Stew !”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place was great. The food was excellent! I had the Guinness stew and shared the bread pudding with everyone at my table. Everyone enjoyed their meals and most plates at our table were left completely cleared. Watch out for the hot sauce, they do mean it when they say it is hot. The service was great as well - crystal and Joe made us feel at home and provided whatever we needed to make our meal enjoyable.