“Extraordinary hospitality and Excellent Hotel”

Heavenly Valley Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Extraordinary hospitality and Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were two couples who visited in the first week of May. We drove from las vegas to lake tahoe which was a 9 hour scenic drive and we reached around 11 pm. By the time we reached there were cookies on the bed !! We received a call from them while we were driving up there to find out what time we were reaching and they gave us a free upgrade of the rooms because if was off season....good part is we had'nt even asked for it!!!!!

Everyday there would be freshly made breakfast which was excellent to say the least. The breakfast is set in a homely room and felt so cozy. I could spend half a day loitering in that room itself and eating on the side of course. Linda was amazing and she made different varieties of breakfast. Johan would print out stuff for us to do while we ate. We did not have a specific plan on things to do and had an open schedule. It was during breakfast we discussed where to go and what would be nice to do. It was like visiting your grandparents place - very homely and friendly. Johan would print out stuff for us even without us asking.

We had cookies everynight when we came back. The rooms were spotless and cleaned very promptly. Linda and Johan took over the place last year and renovated it. Johan worked in the cruise ships and was a sailor and said he was in the hospitality business. Well these people can write a book about hospitality. I am asian, so I have seen a lot of hospitality in the east, something that is more expensive in the west...but this place is a different story. I would go there every trip to lake tahoe.

BOTTOMLINE- AWESOME BREAKFAST, EXCELLENT COZY THEMED ROOMS, EXTRAORDINARY HOSPITALITY, VERY CLOSE TO THE LAKE THOUGH NOT LAKESIDE.

1 Thank vkan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Orange County, CA
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Heavenly Valley Lodge over Memorial Day weekend and it more than exceeded our expectations.

Breakfasts were fantastic with fresh fruit and delicious scones, pastries, bagels, toast, oj, coffee and/or tea. In addition, each morning Linda made one fabulous main breakfast item. My favorite was the cinnamon french toast, and my husband's was the chorizo/egg dish.

Along with breakfast were great suggestions on places to visit, things to see and do in the Tahoe area, and places to eat.

The room we stayed in was more than comfortable. The fireplace was a nice feature adding to the coziness, and the kitchenette was handy.

Last but not least, and what really made the difference for my husband and I, was the hospitality. Linda and Johan are delightful people. They consistently wanted to make sure our stay was going well and that everything was to our liking, and we thoroughly enjoyed our chit chats with them.

We really wished we could have stayed longer. We enjoyed the people we met and the friendly and relaxed atmosphere. What a wonderful stay we had, and we hope to return very soon!!

1 Thank Knows4Adventure
Lake Montezuma, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is one of the best bed & breakfast inns my husband and I have ever stayed at. The rooms were small but cozy and well-appointed. Our room had a large stone fireplace, a microwave, a coffee maker, a toaster and a basket of herbal teabags and coffees. Every day we got a dish of homebaked cookies. The queen bed was extremely comfortable. Sounds like any other hotel--but what made this experience so wonderful was the service provided by the owners Johann and Linda. In addition to being very welcoming and helpful, they served incredibly delicious breakfasts with lots of seasonal fresh fruit. The first morning, I was asked what I would like to drink. I said any type of tea except herbal. That afternoon, I noticed they replaced the herbal teabags in my room with the type I liked. Linda used to travel before they purchased this B&B and she said she wanted to put amenities in the rooms that she liked to have in hotels she stayed in. Thus, fluffy towels, great shampoos, even q-tips. Aside from all this, the location was perfect. We were 1/2 mile from the lake itself and lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance. (I would recommend avoiding the Blue Angel restaurant, which had terrible service). We were also close enough to walk uphill to Heavenly Ski Slope (not that there was any snow, but we didn't go to Lake Tahoe to ski). After a morning of hiking and shopping, we sat out among the pine trees at the firepit built by Johann. If you are going to South Lake Tahoe, be sure to book a room at Heavenly Valley Lodge Bed & Breakfast.

2 Thank grammie3795
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was a great place to stay! The rooms were impressively clean, the location was amazing and the service was outstanding. Linda & Johan make you feel like a long lost family member and serve up a great breakfast! Even more importantly they were very welcoming to my furry, four legged family member! I will be a repeat customer

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Katgpdk9
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed 2 nights early May 2012. Linda and Johan made us feel so welcome from the very start right through to our departure. Very comfortable accommodation, with lovely cosy fire in the bedroom. Small kitchen area with refrigerator and coffee/tea facilities was a useful bonus. Linda makes a delicious breakfast to start the day. Great suggestions for things to do and places to eat. We would definitely recommend this as a base for exploring beautiful Lake Tahoe.

Davis, California
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The best reason to go here is to have a feeling of warmth and welcome from Linda and Johan. They made our trip so special. Our two boys felt like they were visiting family and just loved staying at the B&B so they could hang out with the innkeepers. They are doing everything right at this place. We look forward to coming back!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank judy c
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2012

my husband and I bought a 3 day 2 night stay at Heavenly Valley Lodge. I had no idea how relaxing and homey it would be. I was never one for a B&B since I usually like to be left alone and go unnoticed but the innkeepers and staff were so interesting and easy I looked forward to seeing and talking to them. I left something in the room and Linda mailed it back to me without my prompting it. I would have thought it lost forever. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I will be going there again without a doubt.

Room Tip: use the fire pit. it was great and relaxing.