Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe
Ranked #50 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My sister and I stayed here June 11-June 13. I was very impressed by how clean it was and you can see a conscious effort made to keep the hotel and grounds clean and quiet. The beds were very comfortable. Its a great location too, everything is within walking distance - the lake, the shops and restaurants, and the casinos. I would definitely stay here again. We really appreciated how quiet it was.

Room Tip: Our room was across the street from the office, we liked it over there.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This inn is an older property, but it does not advertise itself as being fancy. Even though rooms are not totally updated, I was very impressed with the rooms overall and the cleanliness of the entire property. Staff was walking around the entire time maintaining the grounds. The service at the front desk was excellent, helpful and provided free passes to the local beach, which is walking distance. I was here with my two children and they totally enjoyed the swimming pool, the hot tub and the continental breakfast. The location is close to almost every popular attraction in Tahoe. The price was about half the cost of any of the other hotels. This property fit our needs just perfect, as we were looking for a place close to the beach areas and that was family friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TonyM149
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Mgr. James was everywhere making sure the grounds & rooms were ready for guests. Reasonably priced, clean, flat screen TV's, pool, spa, & sauna on site. I utilized the area for washing my windshield, and filling up a slow leaking tire, there was even a car vacuum available. We had hot coffee & waffles for breakfast. Beach access is free & only a short walk. Two thumbs up for Americas Best Value Inn - South Lake Tahoe.

Room Tip: Our room was large, clean & quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 270travelers
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Excellent value! Both the evening and morning staff were very friendly and helpful. The evening guy even offered to help us carry our luggage. The room was clean and and the bed was comfortable. It had a television, small refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and coffee, etc. There is even a free setup to vacuum your car, and add air to the tires and water to the radiator. The free wifi worked well and they had a better than average continental breakfast. My only small quibble was that the door lock was an old fashioned metal key rather than the electronic lock with changeable cards.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IVAN H
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We've stayed here for many years, every time we come to Tahoe. Now that the managers have taken over it's getting better. New bedding, new TV's and carpet. The staff is really good(always has been). Will stay here again!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2014

You get what you pay for. It's very cheap, but it's very basic and dirty. I wouldn't stay here again. Plus, I forgot 2 of my jackets there when I checked out, I called the hotel that same night when I realized that I didn't have them with me. They said they would check with the lost and found, and never got back with me. I kept calling for the following days, but they never found my jackets. I am sure I left them there, and I assume that the workers who clean the rooms took them. It's really not cool. Don't stay there, there's a Best Western next to it that is much better !

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank susyarcy
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

To future visitors; this guest is mistaken. They did complain that they left clothing in the room however there was nothing found or left behind that they describe. We did inform them of this but they insist they left them and our staff took them. I have a locker with cell phones, jewelry, clothing and misc. electronics that have been left behind by other guests. We've done a good job and returning items to guests that leave items behind.

On another topic, comparing our economy brand to a mid-upper scale brand is not a reasonable argument. Our room rates are one third of the other brands which is why this guest chose to stay with us.

I urge you to disregard comments made by individuals that have not educated themselves or our inexperienced in travel.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I chose ABVI mostly because they accepted dogs. We were pleasantly surprised. The beds were comfortable, rooms clean. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Only thing was parking...it gets scarce at your building the later you arrive. But, overall, it was AWESOME!! Definitely recommend it and would stay here again!! It is close to Heavenly Ski Resort and Harvey's (you can even walk to either one).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank raulitosfan
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for your pleasant observations and review. After 21 years of pulling into the same driveway for work, I am even more impressed with the natural beauty of Pine Boulevard and our hotel landscaping than I was in 1993. Although our hotel was built early 70's, we spend everyday continuing to erase and diminish the signs of age. It's our opinion, you can't find a nice place, with nicer people, in a better location at a lower price... THAN US. I say that with confidence because I know the heart of each of my 15 employees... and I know if our guests can see our heart for them they will feel and experience the appreciation and sincere interest in their opinion and experience.

Thank you again for taking the time share your kindness and we would love to see you again in the future.