Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe
Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Fremont, California
“getting better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We've stayed here for many years, every time we come to Tahoe. Now that the managers have taken over it's getting better. New bedding, new TV's and carpet. The staff is really good(always has been). Will stay here again!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Lausanne, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

You get what you pay for. It's very cheap, but it's very basic and dirty. I wouldn't stay here again. Plus, I forgot 2 of my jackets there when I checked out, I called the hotel that same night when I realized that I didn't have them with me. They said they would check with the lost and found, and never got back with me. I kept calling for the following days, but they never found my jackets. I am sure I left them there, and I assume that the workers who clean the rooms took them. It's really not cool. Don't stay there, there's a Best Western next to it that is much better !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank susyarcy
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
To future visitors; this guest is mistaken. They did complain that they left clothing in the room however there was nothing found or left behind that they describe. We did inform them of this but they insist they left them and our staff took them. I have a locker with cell phones, jewelry, clothing and misc. electronics that have been left behind by other guests. We've done a good job and returning items to guests that leave items behind.

On another topic, comparing our economy brand to a mid-upper scale brand is not a reasonable argument. Our room rates are one third of the other brands which is why this guest chose to stay with us.

I urge you to disregard comments made by individuals that have not educated themselves or our inexperienced in travel.

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I chose ABVI mostly because they accepted dogs. We were pleasantly surprised. The beds were comfortable, rooms clean. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Only thing was parking...it gets scarce at your building the later you arrive. But, overall, it was AWESOME!! Definitely recommend it and would stay here again!! It is close to Heavenly Ski Resort and Harvey's (you can even walk to either one).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank raulitosfan
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your pleasant observations and review. After 21 years of pulling into the same driveway for work, I am even more impressed with the natural beauty of Pine Boulevard and our hotel landscaping than I was in 1993. Although our hotel was built early 70's, we spend everyday continuing to erase and diminish the signs of age. It's our opinion, you can't find a nice place, with nicer people, in a better location at a lower price... THAN US. I say that with confidence because I know the heart of each of my 15 employees... and I know if our guests can see our heart for them they will feel and experience the appreciation and sincere interest in their opinion and experience.

Thank you again for taking the time share your kindness and we would love to see you again in the future.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is a nice clean little place- the bed is comfortable and the room is good size. The staff was pretty friendly. The TV was an old tube type, it worked fine but probably the smallest screen I've seen in a hotel. They had a coffee maker in the room and complementary granola bars on the table, that was nice. They also offered free snow sleds, a tub shaped deal, but I didn't have a chance to use one. The lights over the bed didn't work, I called but it was after midnight and no one was at the desk. They were very apologetic the next day and gave us extra bars. The continental breakfast is typical, the only cereal was oatmeal, but no milk, they said they needed a special permit to have milk, but I know most cheap hotels that offer continental breakfasts have milk. They had muffins, bagels, cream cheese, OJ, not great, not bad. The food was in the lobby but you sit in a different room unconnected to the lobby, so you must go outside. It was snowing so we needed to carry our food a few feet in the snow. This is not really a hotel nor is it a motel; there are two buildings with rooms, but you need to go outside to get to the lobby or breakfast room. But the parking is in back, not far from the rooms but not next to them either. The price is good, the location is pretty good, close to the beach, the ski lifts and casinos. But S Lake Tahoe is pretty small so everything is kind of close.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank purpletravler
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and observations with our future guests. Your right about our structure... we are an Inn. A hotel has fully enclosed hallways accessing the guest rooms; a motel has guest rooms opening directly to the parking facility. An Inn however has semi-enclosed hallways leading to the guests rooms. We do offer spacious and clean guest rooms at in a very convenient location and at very low nightly room rates. It is common for economy properties to offer continental breakfast in the hotel lobby making it more effective for our front desk staff to monitor and restock. We do offer our meeting room adjacent to the lobby for a dining area in the mornings but often guests prefer to consume their breakfast in the privacy of their guest rooms. We have been in process of installing larger televisions. In fact, as of this past week, our smallest television is now 27".

We are very realistic about our product and never advertise or market ourselves as an EXPERIENCE property or resort. We are a very nice and well operated INN located near the most popular local attractions; offered at very affordable room rates. Thank you again for taking the time to post your very detailed and comprehensive review of our Inn. Please contact directly in the future for our guaranteed lowest room rates.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Booked this inn on line from the UK and got a great rate.I wanted somewhere to base myself for three days snowboarding in South Lake Tahoe. For our needs this place was perfect, super friendly and accommodating staff (Matthew, thanks for the loan of the ice scraper!). There is parking, fast wi-fi, hot tub, sauna, coffee & bagels all included in the rate. Our room was very spacious, warm and spotless. You are not going to find marble or gold plating on the taps, however you will find a warm welcome and all you need for a few days riding. Oh, and thanks for making it snow as well! Would love to return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank philipcoldwell
Thank you for your gracious review. Our staff strives to offer the most friendly and compassionate service while offering the best value in our area. We realize you won't find certian upgraded ammenities you may find at more expensive hotels, however our guests find they don't need all the fluff and would rather save $100.00 or more per night. Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to your future visits to South Lake Tahoe.
Sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a couple weeks ago and will have to return for a redo. Hotel staff was efficient and helpful in assisting me with a dispute. Very apologetic and will definitely stay again. The value and property location are great this was my second time here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MissTaurus
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our future travelers. It's not often, but naturally misunderstandings occur between our hotel and hotel guests. Most cases can be addressed by our front desk staff, but more serious disputes are referred to my desk. More often than not, we will rule in favor of our guest. However, working with the public, we are occasionally exposed to individuals that are abusive of our customer service policies. Those complaints are addressed on an individual basis and are resolved in the fairest manner possible.

I am delighted that we remedied your issue promptly and that you enjoy staying at our hotel. We look forward to your future visits.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Condition is average and quality is very basic.

Pluses
+No smoke smell, as is common in this range of hotel in South Lake Tahoe.
+ Rooms are spacious.
+ Pillows were good
+ Bonus 2 energy bars and Tom's of Maine toothpaste
+ Shower temperature and pressure good

Minuses:
- They have electric baseboard heating that I turned on at check in (around 5pm) and never really got comfortable till the next morning. (This was on a warm day in March - daytime high was 60+ degrees F. It may be much worse on a typical Tahoe winter day.
- "Free breakfast" was just toast and bagels, did not look too great, so we skipped it.
- Well-worn threadbare blankets
- Check in took longer than expected because the receptionist didn't seem to find the hotels.com reservation.

Other:
Wi-Fi service is spotty and slow. Initially was unable to even read email as the connection was too slow. FD then suggested I try a different access point which was barely adequate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank rj123456
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for posting your comprehensive review of our hotel. We are diligent about the cleanliness of our guest rooms. We have recently purchased new bedding including quilted comforters for our new triple sheet bed model. I assume you arrived prior to the installation of the new standard look for us. Our surprised by your comment about our 220 electric baseboard heaters. Our room heaters typically work fabulously well and are quiet. Looking at past reviews you can see several of our hotel guests have made positive remarks about our room heating. Because not all rooms are rented everyday, we routinely turn thermostats to 60 degrees when they are unoccupied. I have investigated heater complaints in the past only to find the room super warm and the guests complaining it isn't warm enough. I'm convinced the comfort level of guests vary the word warm is subjective.

I haven't looked into your reservation delay but I can say that booking via the online travel agents is not a perfect system. Although uncommon, there have been times we don't receive the information in a timely manner. There have also been times guests have actually made reservations from our parking lot and once completed walked directly into our office before we had received notification. The best way to book a hotel and be certian you get everything you want is to call the hotel directly.

Our wifi network is only one year old and we have over ten access points throughout our property. Our service has recently been upgraded to 60mbs upload speed which is top of the line in our industry. Again, many other guests have made positive remarks about our wifi service in past posts. Not certian what the issue was this time.

Our continental breakfast menu far exceeds the AAA definition of a continental breakfast and has not changed in one year. We have management photos posted on our tripadvisor profile of our breakfast arrangement. Everyday of the week we offer, English Muffins, Whole Grain Breads, Variety of bagels, Toaster Waffles, Instant Oatmeal, 100% Orange Juice, Coffee, Tea and Sparklets Filtered Water. Again, I regret you couldn't find anything here that appealed to you.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your experience with our hotel. Please contact us directly in the future for our guaranteed lowest price and to insure the proper handling of your booking information.