Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe
Ranked #49 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel. Value for money this place would be impossible to beat in the Lake Tahoe area. The location of this hotel perfect- it is down a quite street, yet only a couple of minutes walk to the lake, nearby shops or across the state line to the casinos. The manager James was an extremely nice guy and very happy to answer any questions or queries that the customers may have. I stay in hotels all over the world and I would happily rate this amongst the best in terms of comfort and a good nights sleep. I hope to get back again sometime for another relaxing stay.

1 Thank George M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Oceanside, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013

It started with a walk in. I met James and asked him what his best rate was. I had my cell phone in hand with the hotels.com rate. He beat the rate and handed me a key and asked me if I wanted to see the room. After seeing a big room with 2 queens, new bedding. I took the room. 5 minutes later I was back at the front desk and he was telling me about the beach access (2 blocks away) and game me a packet to welcome me to the area. I wanted to drop off my redbox videos and James let us use his bikes for free. Awesome. They worked great around town.

Later we soaked in the jetted hot tub and swam in the heated pool. Worked great. The sauna needs work, but with all the other ammenities I can't complain. Amazing find in Tahoe. I would easily stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank roofus31
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What can I say about this motel? The location is fantastic, $50/night on weekends can't be beat, and yet we probably won't be staying here again. To be honest, we had a bit of anxiety going into this as we usually stay at HIE, Hampton, Courtyard ect, so this was a bit out of our comfort zone. Pros: Location, value, clean, comfortable, pool. Cons: Paper thin walls, run down rooms, annex across the street far from other services, maintenance guy is a total tweaker, actual keys which require some finesse to open the door as opposed to a key card. And while we didn't really have any specific problems, this is probably all part of the charm that comes with staying at a motel which is why I gave them an average rating.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the north side of the street where the main motel and ammenities are. The annex down...
1 Thank Jetsgopro
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I needed to get away for a few days from work and the hustle bustle of the crowded city. South Lake Tahoe was the perfect place to visit and this Hotel was just exactly the right place to stay! Perfect location away from the bigger noisier crowded hotel/casinos, yet within very close proximity. It is a no frills, bells & whistles hotel with most all the amenities of the bigger hotels - and if your "smell buds" seem to be leading you somewhere, follow them and make your way over to the on-site Chicago style Hot Dog Cart. MMM!!! And in the A.M. if you choose, there is a very light and simple "wet your whistle" continental breakfast consisting of COFFEE, MUFFINS, CROISSANTS (sometimes toast)...BUT just enough to hold you over until you can make your way to one of the Very nearby restaurants in town!
James and Angela, the on-site managers, and I mean on-site, as they seemed to always be around when you needed them were two of the most caring and accomodating management team you will meet. So, I think that the next time I go back for a visit...this is where I will be staying!

Room Tip: I stayed in a large second floor corner room across the street from the main bldg. It was the perfe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here recently and I was so impressed that I had to leave a review, which I never do. James and Angela are the on-site managers, and they went above and beyond to accommodate our needs in every way. The hotel is lovely, and within walking distance to their PRIVATE beach, plus they'll give you complementary guest beach passes for up to 6. There are also two separate BBQ areas with dining tables for guest use. I've been coming to Tahoe for years and this place is the best bang for your buck! Thanks, James and Angela! See you next year!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roxy J
Modesto
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We ran into an instance at "another motel" with a rather large blue bird on the signage in the area, with doors that would not properly lock, windows that would not shut completely and carpets that were recently perfumed to try and mask the stench. Rat hole conditions.

After calling several locations at 10:30pm on a Friday night, and exhausted from the weeks work and three hours drive... we stumbled across "America's Best Value Inn" almost by accident.

James immediately welcomed us and promptly offered several rooms that were available. (I asked to see the room, having had just been evicted from another motel for complaining about the conditions/non functioning room basics)

We were looking for something reasonable, that would accommodate 3 of us while we were in the area for The Valhalla Renaissance Faire. My only 2 conditions were that the room was clean, and that doors and windows could be secured. James informed us that he would allow us to look at each room he had available if we wanted... I didn't have to, he obviously had nothing to hide; however we did look at one room that was close to the office (and almost 80 degree pool) and was sold on the location convenience and honesty of our host.

While there are far fancier and more expensive places to stay, this place will keep money in your wallet, and offer a pleasant/friendly atmosphere. I would certainly visit again as I hear they are always improving on room conditions and also have a cottage that will suit a family of 6. The next time I stay in the area, the rest of my children and wife will be accompanying me. I know I can count on a CLEAN room, affordable pricing and great customer service at this Inn.

Room Tip: Just ask for what is going to be best for your boarding situation/preference. The staff will find so...
Cupertino, California
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here yday and was surprised by the treatment. James was awesome in making his customers feel comfortable. I had booked 2 rooms and both were standard rooms. I was under the impression that these rooms will have fridge and micro wave, but was not the case. When i told James about the same, he readily agreed to provide them in the room for no extra charge. Also he was suggesting us as to how to go about the places in Tahoe. His staff is also extremely customer satisfaction oriented. Above all, the location was just awesome. Very nice, and not to forget mentioning, the rooms were very neat and tidy. I would definetly re consider staying here whenever I plan to visit Tahoe.

Room Tip: Rooms in the other building, opposite to the main office are peaceful.