“Well located and good value”

Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe
Ranked #50 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is well situated in a quiet area, yet only a short walk to the main town centre for resturants etc. The room was spacious, clean and reasonably furnished; complementary breakfast was adequate. A friendly welcome and good value for money.

It's about 15 mins drive to Fallen Leaf Lake area - a wonderful walk and plenty of interesting birds especially early in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide future travelers with a reasonable perspective of our hotel. Positive remarks affirm our mission to provide clean, comfortable and affordable lodging in South Lake Tahoe, Negative comments help provide us with focus and direction. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. Thank you again for your review and please contact us directly in the future for our guaranteed lowest room rates.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Arriving at ABV, I wasn't surprised at the dated look of the motel. Had to circle around a few times and finally asked if there was anywhere to park that wasn't taken. The desk was helpful, entering the room, I noted the wear and tear. The room and bath wer tiny and once again dated.
The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything going on upstairs, next door and in the stairwells. Lots of partying and loud kids at all hours of the night. Continental Breakfast was bare minimum but I didn't expect much for the price. The only positive I took away from my visit was that the bed was very comfortable. Stayed 2 nights, cancelled next 2 and stayed at Harveys.
I would not recommend this motel for families, maybe for College kids.

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairwells.
2  Thank train3131
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. It's always disappointing to discover other guests are the origin of disturbance. Because of our convenient location and very competitive pricing we do attract alot of winter sports enthusiasts. They ski/snowboard all day and return from the casinos at night, sometimes making more noise than they should. I'm certian most local properties have similiar experiences. We provide a 'Welcome Letter' with contact information for our front desk to report if other guests are not coureous. Often I've discovered, guests do not let us know they are having a problem during their stay and we unfortunately learn about it through online reviews. If you are ever not happy with your accommodations we suggest letting our staff know and we will take whatever action is necessary to satisfy your needs, including a free upgrade.

Our 'Expanded Continental Breakfast' consists of the following everyday; fresh bagels, real butter and cream cheese, whole grain breads with both strawberry and grape jelly, toaster waffles and maple syrup. Several flavors of instant oatmeal, three varieties of fresh fruits including bananas, oranges, apples and pears, two types of cold cereal with milk, hot coffee, hot chocolate, hot tea and Sparklets filtered water. Nearly all guests comment that our breakfast is taseful and generous for our low room tarif; however a rare guest will complain that is was insufficient for them. We would love to provide full breakfast service but that cost would be reflected in our room rates. It's clear that are affordable room rates are the reason we have become a popular economy property in South Lake Tahoe.

Since you did not complain about our close proximity to local attractions such as Nevada Casinos, private Lake Tahoe beach or Heavenly Village, or our free Wifi, Fitness/Laundry room, free mini office center or daily maid service, I assume you were satisfied with those ammenities.

Thank you for your time and we hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to satisfy your needs. Please call us direcly for our guaranteed lowest prices.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

we booked 2 rooms, one night stay over the internet. when we found out a change of plans just a couple of hours later, we wanted to cancel one room but with their strict cancellation policy, they would not cancel the second room. we proceed to drive from the silicon valley, the snow came down heavily and we got caught in a major traffic that took 10 hours instead of the 4 hours. I called the hotel in traffic not knowing if we can even make it there, they refused again to cancel the room. It was close to midnight when we got to the hotel.
One room was standard with double beds and an old tube TV remote didn't work. The room smells of mildew. The bathroom was decent.
The second room was a suite. Large room with two beds. There were a small flat screen TV and a sitting bench at the end of each bed. Bathroom is old, but decent in cleanliness. Hair dryer was available and working condition. All the rooms has a small balcony.
Breakfast was complimentary. A variety of choices for breakfast: bagels w/ cream cheese, muffins, waffles, cheerios, coffee, orange juice, etc.
Overall, the hotel was just a resting place overnight for us. We would consider staying there again but in the suite. The price was the lowest at the time (December 22) for the area that we could find. It was about $59/night that we booked thru Priceline, no bidding process.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a balcony. We liked the suites.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for posting your review and for your positive comments. I'm certian if you reserved two rooms and we arranged them to be close together then your upgrade to our Two Queen Bed Deluxe was complimentary, as that is often our approach. It's our intent to exceed our guests expectations by offering clean, comfortable and convenient guest rooms at the most competitive room rates for our resort destination. I regret that you found our cancellation policy inconvenient. Many times reservations our booked via third party online channels and those agencies will often enforce their own policies. We always recommend that bookings be made directly with our hotel as it allows more flexibility. We will book and hold rooms a year in advance without prepayment and we will provide complimentary value added upgrades but we do expect our guests to perform their part when they make their reservations. The closer to the arrival date we receive a cancellation the more difficult it becomes to resell the room. We do ask our customers to provide us with at least enough time to resell the room. Suggestion for the future; When making winter room reservations in the Sierras; I recommend that one would pay close attention to weather forcasts and projected road conditions as this information is available 5 or more days in advance. Thank you again for taking your time to leave your thoughts. Please call us directly in the future to receive our lowest posible rate.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

For the price it's a good deal. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are a bit rundown and it can be loud. The walls are thin. Having a refrigerator and microwave in the rooms is nice. The breakfast in the morning is basic but better than most.

• Stayed: January 2013
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Operating a small resort Inn in a region that experiences as much snow and damp weather as Lake Tahoe is challenging. We prepare for the weather conditions but admittedly it takes it's toll over the winter. We spend most of Spring and Summer repairing and preparing for the next wet season. Perhaps you may visit us sometime in the summer and fall when the weather is dry and the grass is green... it's a beautiful sight. Thank you again and please call us directly for our lowest available room rates.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Many times I have stayed in rooms in damp climates and find the rooms very musty and old smelling. This building is quite old, but there was no smell of any sort in my room. With the exception of the carpet, the room was clean. There is free laundry, ski lockers available, blow dryers at the desk if needed, a separate towel for makeup. The TV was small but adequate. Perhaps 20". There were plenty of channels to suit both my kids and myself. The floors were dirty. How can they keep them clean when there is snow all over the ground and shoes get muddy fast? We walked to the casinos and the temperature was 13* on our way back. It was not windy, snowing, or rain and we were just fine. We walked to the lake in the morning. Again it was clear but cold, about 2* outside. Before we left, we walked to Heavenly and rode the Gondola up.

Staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was continental, and adequate. Coffee is not their forte. I am a big coffee drinker and those little pots available in many hotels are inadequate. This hotel did not have coffee available nor could I buy coffee nearby. If I am to stay here again I will simply bring my coffee pot from home. I did get woken up three times. Once was a group returning from the casino, second was a car alarm, and third were two men talking and laughing walking through the hallways. Management has signs all over the place reminding people to be quiet, that guests are at rest.

This trip of mine was a spontaneous trip. I decided to go at 3 in the afternoon and I am about 4 hours drive. I simply wanted to see Tahoe with good weather and snow on the ground. I wanted somewhere inexpensive to stay. This was one of the most inexpensive places available on a Friday night. I am very grateful that it was clean and did not smell, and did not cost me an arm and a leg. Most places were almost double the price. Oh, and there was a small fridge and microwave, though we did not use it. The spa is outdoors and many people used it, but I thought they were nuts. We also had a balcony, but we did not use it. We did see other people using their balcony.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your real and fair review. I appreciate that you made a note of our positives with a hint of areas needing improvement. You are correct about the snow and mud here in the winter. I have staff here that spend 100% of their time with a carpet cleaning machine firmly in their hands, and he we routinely clean the carpets in nearly 70 rooms weekly but unfortunately the mudd and snow are an insidious enemy of carpets.

We understand our property is not the Embassy, but it's the center of the universe for those of us that work here daily and we strive to create the right balance of price, convenience and comfort.

Thank you again for your fair evaluation. Please call us directly in the future to receive our guaranteed lowest price.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great experience for the money. The room was very clean, comfortable and the bed was super comfy...I slept like a rock. The free breakfast was more than I expected and started my days out great. The staff was consistently gracious and helpful, especially with the area activities. Have stayed at other hotels in the area who charged much more per night and they did not compare to my fantastic stay at this hotel. Will definitely stay here from now on when traveling to South Lake Tahoe and am telling all my family and friends to book here as well. Excellent stay for the very reasonable rates.

Room Tip: They have a cute cottage that can sleep 6 with a private spa...check that out too.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your very kind and generous review. It's our esteemed pleasure to accommodate individuals that discover the pleasure in simple but affordable adaquate lodging. Naturally, we understand we are not a five star resort, but we know that we can always afford to provide clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations; and ofcourse, a friendly smile from our staff to welcome you.

Thanks you again and please call us directly for in the future for our guaranteed lowest price anywhere.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My Husband and I are avid snowboarders and visit Tahoe on a weekly basis. We have tried many of the local hotels on our quest to find a "Triple Threat". Low price, clean, and dog friendly. The ABVI is that place. Clean sheets,and towels that smell slightly of bleach is a comfort to us, as we have experienced some horror stories (Green Lantern, I'm putting you on blast). The pet fee is one of the lowest in town, and they allow dogs to stay in room while owners are out. Most require you to take the dog along. The price point cannot be beat, period. Added bonuses: they offer a small continental breakfast, have excellent customer service, are walking distance to a beautiful beach, have free wifi, and have a small business center. If you are looking for a way to experience the glories of Tahoe minus the superfluous this is your spot.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your glowing review. Our intention is to provide clean, comfortable and convenient accommodations at the best rate in our area. Your review affirms our efforts. I do need to make a correction however, we do prefer that guests not leave their pets in our guest rooms unsupervised. We've had some unpleasant experiences with pets in unfamiliar surroundings and missing the comfort of their owners making considerable noise. Thank you again for your review and please contact us directly in the future for the lowest room rate. The best part, you don't pay until you arrive.