“Yum bread” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yum bread”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

The cinnamon rolls are famous but the whole wheat bread was better. I wanted to try a pie but did not dare risk the calories!

Visited August 2014

“Go for the cinnamon rolls”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I should say... go EARLY for the cinnamon rolls. I love checking out local bakeries while on vacation and decided to go here after reading reviews on tripadvisor. We went during the week around 9:30-10, and I snagged literally the very last cinnamon roll of the day. Apparently they only bake so many and when they are gone, that's it. I was shocked, because it was empty when we were there, so I guess everyone knows to go early.
Each person in my family got to pick out one treat, and while they enjoyed what they got, no one really raved about it. Everything was good, but nothing to set them apart from other bakeries we've been to.

If I were to go back, I'd stick to just the cinnamon rolls. That's what I had and it was really good and unique. It's more in the shape of a muffin than a traditional cinnamon roll, with a flaky bottom and just the right amount of sweet frosting on top. Mmmmm. Pass on the rest, and beat the crowd for the cinnamon rolls.

• Visited June 2014
Atlanta, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by to check out this place and left with a pie and other goodies. All delicious. They bake a limited amount each day, so the earlier you come the better. I definitely recommend this place!

Fishers, Indiana
“Great Bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We were renting a cottage for a week at Lake Tahoe and had friends from Reno come to visit for a barbecue on the deck. We wanted a perfect finish to a summer cookout, and found excellent pies at Sugar Pine Bakery. A bit pricy, but magnificent flaky crusts and loaded with fruit. We had Dutch Apple and Cherry and everything we could ask for in a pie. All the other menu items looked equally delicious. The bakery is slightly hard to find as it is tucked away in the far rear corner, behind a row of buildings. But the food is worth the search.

Visited July 2014
San Francisco, California
“Amazing bakery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stopped here several times, everything we got was excellent! Loved the strawberry basil lemonade (made fresh to order), the apple tart, the scones, the chocolate chip cookie. Everything tasted amazingly fresh and good.

Visited June 2014