Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Great Service

Great service, efficient at getting people in and out of the kayaks and also sanitizing them... read more

Reviewed August 6, 2020
msommer2317
Phoenix, Arizona
Organised and sanitized

Enjoyed a fun 2 hours on the water, teens on SUPs and M&D in kayaks. Went to Baldwin Beach... read more

Reviewed August 2, 2020

from $189.00
from $110.00
from $85.00
More Info
All reviews baldwin beach hour rental timber cove life jackets sups company lake sanitizing gear
Selected filters
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Followed recommendations on TI and arrived early to Emerald Bay parking lot; webpage states open at 9 however on-site was 9:30. However, staff swift to set up and rentals began after brief orient and safety talk. Bay can get busy with other crafts. When we finished our two hour rental, and returned, we heard staff inform those waiting that it would be a two hour wait!!
I’d definitely pick this spot again!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed June 24, 2018

We rented from the South Lake Tahoe location. We got 1 single kayak and 1 double kayak. The whole experience was simple and quick. The people working were helpful and got us out on the water quickly. Would definitely rent from here again.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank TravelerBR11
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Our guide Calvin was a master at kayaking. Told us some tall tales of the lake. We were novices but Calvin made us feel like pros. Love the lake. Would recommend to everyone.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018

We had a great time kayaking in Emerald Bay. The people working at the Kayak Rental were very nice and knowledgable. We received great safety advice and even a quick reminder on how to kayak effectively. I have rented kayaks in many different locations all over the country and here I definitely received the best instruction. Would definitely recommend! Also stopping on Fanette Island is a must.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Friederike M
Reviewed August 27, 2017

I was in Sacramento for work and had a free day Saturday. The ride to the the lake is easy. I planned on stand up paddleboarding and emailed a couple of locations that came up on the top of google searches. I had questions about pick up / transportation since I was in a rental car. None got back to me.

I found Kayak Tahoe relatively by accident - they had a sign at the parking lot at Vikingholm. So I checked them out and am glad I did. The people were very nice and gave me great advice as a first timer to the lake. I noticed they focused on safety and wanted to make sure everyone had a good time.

No need to transport the board or kayak - they were right on Emerald Bay. A huge plus for someone traveling from out of town. They also have dry bags available - which is somewhat common but very helpful again to a traveler.

They don't take reservations so getting there early on a Saturday is a must. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. And I do hope to use them again.

Date of experience: August 2017