“This is a creepy place...girls DO NOT stay here the owner is sleezy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tahoe Hacienda Inn

Tahoe Hacienda Inn
Ranked #57 of 72 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Sydney, Australia
“This is a creepy place...girls DO NOT stay here the owner is sleezy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

So me and my friend stayed here a few months back, when we checked in the lady was very very rude, but the place looked ok from the outside so I ignored and went into the room. I felt very uncomfortable and found that the lock had been removed from the inside of the door so anyone working there could enter our room. This et alam bells ringing but we thought we were being paranoid....Anyway the place was pretty dirty which was the least of my worries because as we were getting changed we saw the man who owned or manages the place looking through our window through a crack in the curtain, we were scared stiff especially since the lock had been removed. We had to pack up our stuff and leave to stay at another motel. We were too scared to go back so we called to compain the next day and when we said he had been looking at us he said proove and then started laughing and hung up. I honestly do not think any girls/females should stay here!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
10 Thank Rachael D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Last nite my husband and I was so tired. We got "the last room" just went to bed..had to take bedspread to prop. Up pillows, do to leaning bed....lights were not working..NO smoke alarm..handle fell off faucet hot tub blows cold air.... notice exchast fan didn't work packed with dust and dirt. Mold all over shower and walls..no towel rods. Don't use sink note do to plumbing.. water runs all over floor when you take a shower. Smoke alarms are not replaced she said do to people taking them..I will advise fire dept..this is not safe. Left with sore throat..I don't care how tired you are don't stay there. Requested refund all day owner to call us.. at 9 pm his wife decided to hand him the phone..he said report me I don't care..

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank bigdavethomas52

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I got a double-bed room there for Labor Day weekend. When I got there, the lady told that there were no rooms available (?), so we will have to move to the Super 8 hotel further down the road. Bottom line: this hotel is doing overbooking of rooms, and it redirects the excess of clients to the buddies at Super 8 (you can actually see the same personnel moving around the two properties!). Irresponsible and disrespectful to the clients.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Mario G
Akransas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

field mice in the room late at night scared the **** out of me getting up to use the bathroom. The room was cheap enough but so was the bed. The room had a kitchette but the stove was all torn apart and unusable. There were dishes but no silverware, not even plastic to eat with. Frankly it was a dive. If you need a place to drop your head its great . just wear your shoes to bed if you get up at night

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank victory63
Auburn, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

As obviously old and not up-to-date this hotel is, I would've just enjoyed it as a rustic, woodsy one-night stay. But it's obvious that the owners do very little to maintain or take care of the place. When we walked in, the mini fridge was wide open. After a few minutes we noticed that it also smelled AWFUL. We thought that maybe something had gone rotten and that's why it was left open, to get rid of the smell. But no, we closed it and hours later, it started smelling worse. It started to smell like it was overheating so we unplugged it. It seemed extremely unsafe, made us nervous all night. I'm aware that that's just something that could happen anywhere, but it really bothered us. The TV did not have a remote. The light fixture on one side of the bed was completely torn out except for the bracket; obviously no effort was made to replace it. The shower had no regulator, so it was either freezing cold or scalding hot. They are lucky I didn't give my 4-year-old a shower, 'cause if she had been scalded by the water they would've had an ear-full. There is NO air conditioning. The bathroom window didn't have a screen. The spa was nice, but a lot of the tiles were torn off the wall, so it was jagged. The bed and pillows were comfortable, but that was about it as far as positives. We would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank CappytheKitty
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

Our stay here was terrifying, I have travelled around the world, I am very easy going and i have never left a review as i'm not the type however.... we stayed in a room here that had lion wall paper, the whole room was covered by lions faces which i thought was cool at first, until me and my parner had already been in bed and found a hole where one of the eyes had been cut out of one of the lions in the wall... i looked through it to find it led to a maintinence room that also had 2 way glass next to the jaccuzi so they had been able to see in, i was terrified and packed up and left in the middle of the night to stay in a motel down the road. We then went to report this to the sherif but the station was closed as it was a public holiday!!!

I would genuinely not stay here... it is not safe!! i went back a few days later and confronted the owner, I was terrified and told them i was going to the police, I told him he was a pervert and that he had been looking at us.... he didn't seem to care much he didn't even deny it....... very dangerous

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
12 Thank travelledUSA
San Pablo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

This is an old hotel that has been reasonably well kept up considering a management company that doesn't want to spend money. The manager, Sam and his wife Natasha are wonderful people that only want to make your stay special. The rooms are old but not bad. We had a great jacuzzi tub (STE A) and sat on the porch enjoying the peace. We will definitely return

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Area
Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Are...
#56 of 72 in South Lake Tahoe
3.0 of 5 stars 188 reviews
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#74 of 130 in Lake Tahoe (California)
3.5 of 5 stars 54 reviews
No photo provided
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#44 of 72 in South Lake Tahoe
Travelers Inn & Suites
Travelers Inn & Suites
#55 of 72 in South Lake Tahoe
3.0 of 5 stars 23 reviews

Been to Tahoe Hacienda Inn? Share your experiences!