“Love it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Jose
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

Our family had the opportunity to stay at Park Tahoe Inn this past weekend and had a wonderful time.

Great staff, amazing beds (where did they find them) and one of the best locations coupled with really nice rooms.

I didn't experience any hidden fees, everything was completely disclosed on the websites and again at the time of check-in.

I was charged $5.00 for parking, but being a guy from the bay area, five bucks for parking in a prime area was more than fair. We could have stayed at a lot less desirable location or property, but for me, the parking charge was well worth it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank RHarrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
CAMPBELL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Booked a Superior King Room and got a run of the mill motel 6 type room. First room they gave us had hole in ceiling, no lightbulbs in bedside lamps, and comforter was dirty. Called front desk to inquire if this was the 272 to 322 square foot superior king room and they stated yes. Maybe they measure differently than most people but it definitely was not a spacios room. Moved us to another room, which was exactly the same as the other one except this one had stains on the wall in bathroom and no water pressure! Handle in shower came off in my hand! Then they have the nerve to charge $7 per night resort fee! And $5 per night to park! What a rip off! I expected much more for over $150 a night! I should have paid the extra $30 and stayed at the Marriott!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Murano47

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I was surprised about the 7.00 emenity fee. Aren't those free? Parking 5.00, we had NO car. They couldn't find our reservation either, so I had to show the front desk clerk my itinerary. SHE ended up keeping it. I was a bit punch drunk because we traveled so early and I completely forgot it. I then asked the other hispanic desk clerk a day later if she had it up at the front desk. "Let me look and call you back." She never did, so I traipsed back up to the front lobby and asked. "OH that's right, no it isn't here." SO I used their computer. Well she had on one of those Mexican Soap Opera's on the TV, that was blasting SO damn loud, I couldn't even hear myself think. My sister lost 1.50 in the coke machine and she called up to the front and the gal was rude. Then we asked if they could get a taxi for us to go to the casinos. "Well you know it's only 2 blocks away." I said, "NO it's 4 blocks away and I have my 85 year old Mother with me!" "WHY in the heck does she have to question my request? I found it to be rude. I know front desk clerks do not make a lot of $$, but really. They need to hire better help. The maids on the other hand were pleasant and accommodating. We also asked the front desk clerk, "Sherry" if she had a role or toilet paper. "Let me get that to you right away." We're still waiting for it...SO We found the housekeeping lady, who was nice about it.

Pretty room, but they do need to hire better front desk help. They were both rude!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tomjonesCalifornia
Sacramento, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I had the same experience as previous raters. The fees listed on the website and those charged at the hotel DO NOT MATCH. They are very 'quiet' about any fees on check in, and frankly I don't remember any disclosure verbally at all. When I got my credit card statement and saw the fee, I was not happy. While they did refund the entire fee, they are not very forthcoming in their practices. The only receipt I was ever given upon checkout was the zero balance for the card I used to pay the room rate (different than the card for incidentals). I was never given a receipt or invoice for the fees, it was a surprise in my statement!

When I called, the person I spoke with said the fees covered not only parking but "hotel amenities" like the breakfast, and internet connection - both of which are listed on the website as complimentary. I called back to speak to the general manager and she listed a different set of "amenities" like the mineral pool and jacuzzi for the fees. Again, none of this is disclosed on check-in or on the website. BE CAREFUL.

The stay otherwise was good. Nothing stellar, but convenient and functional. Though I'd recommend it, I only do so because it is decent and close to other venues. If something better or cheaper in the same area is available - go for it.

SF Bay Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

After making our reservation through their on-line website we arrived and found that we were to be chaged an extra $5.00 for parking and $7.00 service fee, for an extra $12 per night (see the other review). Rooms are good and the beds are comfortable. The room did not have a tub, only a shower. One hot tub was not working and the other was on the other side of the buidling. Room was quiet even with the main highway not too far from your doorstep. Very convenient location to Heavenly Village the Gondola. Access to a private beach nearby.

Small details were overlooked. Inadequate wash (face) cloth. Had to go to the front desk to ask for another one (they usually left one of two in the room). Didn't leave coffee cups for the coffee maker and didn't clean the coffee carafe on multiple occasions (inconsistent). They told us breakfast was from 0730 to 0930, when we got there one morning at 0900 we were told they were cleaning up and didn't bring out any more food or drinks.

Otherwise, this is a comfortable hotel and well worth a visit. Staff was attentive and the "attitude" mentioned in other reviews was absent in all our interactions. All staff were courteous and did their best to accomodate requests.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
north. cal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

It is a nice clean hotel and a very good location. The only problem I had was that they charge an extra fee of $12.00 for parking that they don't tell you when you make your reservation. Other wise it is in a convenient location.
delia.d

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

It seems that the Park Tahoe Inn has received some mixed reviews. We stayed for only two nights but were pleased with the accommodations. The bed was very comfortable and the room was surprisingly quiet given the Inn's location on the main road. The staff was welcoming and helpful. Can't speak to the continental breakfast as we brought our own breakfast.