New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Park Tahoe Inn

Park Tahoe Inn
Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Pablo, California
“Great Location and staff was very helpful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

If your looking for a hotel close to pretty much everything! This is it!! Location is great, walking distance to casinos, gondola and restaurants. But nothing too special no pool or hot tub. This is your standard hotel room, no amenities. Carpets are stained and even felt wet. But for the price you can't expect much. Tempurpedic mattress. Toilet kept getting clogged up, received a plunger right away.
Staff was very helpful and attentive. Jessica recommended some great shops and places to eat, loved Basecamp. Best Pizza!!! Received a loyalty program card from Jess, we'll be sure to be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
DomisGram, General Manager at Park Tahoe Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
I am happy to hear that Jessica was so helpful and was able to give you some useful information about our beautiful area. I am always glad to know that our guests are please with the level of service that they receive while staying with us. We all strive to provide the best service that each of our guests so rightfully deserves. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and for giving Jessica a thumbs up on customer service. I would also like to say thank you for being a valued guest of Park Tahoe Inn. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel is great! Location, pets allowed, service standards. It was quiet and you could walk just about anywhere. My dogs needed to go out at 2:00 am in the morning (a habit we have been trying the break). I noticed the light on in the reception area and the coffee pots were set up! I was freezing and needed to warm up. Starbucks was long closed. The general manager was wonderful. She poured us both hot coffee, chatted about local spots and was truly genuine and kind even at 2 am! This is a great place in to say in south Tahoe. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kathy T, General Manager at Park Tahoe Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave your comments and share your experience with others about your recent stay with us here at Park Tahoe Inn. As the new General Manager I am committed to do all that I can to ensure our guest have a positive experience while they are with us. If that means having coffee on at 2 am for those who may stop in while walking the dog then that's what I do. I value and welcome comments and suggestions form all our guests. Your comments not only help other travelers choose where they stay but it also assists me to make any changes that our guests would like to see. I am happy to know that you will be back to see us again and on your next stay I will be sure to have a treat for the dogs as well. Thank you again for your time, business and being a valued guest at Park Tahoe Inn. I look forward to seeing you next time.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed in this hotel with the family for 3 nights couple of weeks before. The room was quite unclean. The carpet in the room was digusting. The shower handle was not working and it finally broke. They claim to provide Wi-Fi. I was not even able to connect once. When reported the problem, the told that I would have to wait until the technician resolves the issue, which won't be until the day after we check out! There are better hotels around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
ParkInn4011, General Manager at Park Tahoe Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2014
I am so sorry for your experience. And I sincerely apologize you were not contacted sooner about your stay. As a property that is under new management and undergoing many updates and changes, I can assure you that we have taken your feedback seriously and are working hard to improve our guest experience.

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Booked via Orbitz & got the room for a great price (even with 25 dollar pet fee per night) & room was just as expected. A little minimalistic but came with fridge & very comfotable bed with memory foam matress which made for a great night's sleep post 13 hours on the road.

Hotel offers 24 7 free coffee, tea or lemon ice water & you can literally walk across the street to Raleys for groceries & to places to poty your dogs that have dog poo pick up stations.

Yes it is an older motel & I have to agree there was an overwhelming chemical cleaning smell in the room initially but nothing a little febreeze couldn't take care of (something I never travel without for those long roadtrips with my gasey bassett hound).

Pluses include bed, location, pet-friendly {but fee is per pet}, allow multiple dogs, nice outdoor gas firepit on patio, friendly night desk staff, fridge in room plus individual thermostats in your unit. Call ahead to make sure you have pet friendly room - Orbitz told me to do this so I did.

Minuses no free breakfast, thin walls ( we cranked up the heater which helped but could still hear traffick so bring ear plugs if lite sleeper), & daily pet fee of $25/pet (but only charged me for one dog since not specified when I called).

Recommendations would be to post specific information regarding pet policy & considrr changing policy to something like. ..for 1-2 night stay pet fee is a total of 25, for 3-5 nights 50, but for longer stays to be individualized...note these fees include up to 2 pets.

Overall exactly what I expected....a non-fancy hotel with comfy beds & in a great location in walking distance to affordable dining, skii lift & grocery store....only 1 mile from The Brewery at Lake Tahoe too!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelingdrugdoc
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

You can't beat the location of Park Tahoe Inn, and this place is a bargain relative to other places in South Lake. The location is across from the Heavenly Gondola and they have free parking. The rooms are fine, nothing special but clean and have Tempurpedic beds which are very nice. Overall very comfortable for a 1 - 2 night stay. If you're looking for something special this isn't it, but for a nice clean room with a great location and great price this is a good choice. Also, they are pet friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I went to ski with my family and this was our first time in Lake Tahoe, so we looked for a nice hotel in South Lake Tahoe and we thought we found one, but Park Inn Tahoe's superior room is just big enough to open the room door to get on the bed. Very small room and old. We found nice and big hotels just 2 blocks away with better price in Nevada side. I paid over $200 in this cheesy hotel. We are never going to stay in this hotel ever.

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank PeterJoo
Rachel B, General Manager at Park Tahoe Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your stay. I personally would like to apologize for the value not being consistent with your expectations. I am saddened to hear this as we genuinely strive to not only meet but exceed all guests’ expectations. Please accept my sincerest apology and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Kindest regards,

Rachel Busch
rbusch@parktahoe.com
Redding, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

For the most part, a hotel's website will give you a fairly accurate depiction of what to expect when you arrive. From the moment I opened the door to my room, I knew that this was not what I had signed up for. To be fair, I got a decent rate for the area...but I would have gladly paid more for a better experience. The room an a very musty/chemically odor, the furniture was of varied design, and the bed/pillows left much to be desired. The bathroom entry from the bedroom area was a very narrow passage, and would certainly not be suitable for those with walker/wheelchair or for larger adults. The cable for the TV (I'm assuming) was literally run right across the top of the floor and into the wall in the restroom. I have attached a picture of this. The ice machine was broken (reportedly a temporary issue), but the paper signs were clearly not a new feature. I had to walk completely around the entire exterior of the building to get ice, which was really only a big issue because it was approx 35 degrees out. The rooms also did not have nearly enough insulation to keep sound out, every word that was said and every footstep in the vicinity was clearly echoing through my room.

If there had been other options for lodging for the night, I certainly would have pursued a different location

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends