“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Tahoe Inn

Park Tahoe Inn
Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Disclaimer: I was here in March of 2009.

My boyfriend and I spent four nights here in March of 2009 while on spring break. It was the right price for us at the time, and we weren't really all that worried about the hotel we stayed at. Our room was clean, unlike some other reviews mention, and the hotel was in average condition. It isn't fancy, it isn't luxurious, it isn't up-to-date, but it was in a great location in regards to Heavenly and some fun spots to go out at night.

We didn't have any issues with our room, the staff were friendly, and we felt it to be appropriately priced.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am disappointed. Rooms were not the best. I had to see three rooms before I chose one. The night lady was very helpful. She gave me three different keys to see if I liked any room. I drove three hours and already tired, so I just did not have any energy to look for better rooms. Every room I went it did not catch my eyes. I did not feel "oh nice" kind. I have been to motel 6 at Lake Tahoe, and I honestly believe it was not better than motel6 from any side. The only thing I liked was the bed. That's about it. I had to take handicapped room because no other rooms were looked clean to me. I was reluctant to walk in barefoot because the carpet didn't look fresh clean. They had Jacuzzi in the handicapped room, but it did not work. I reported the desk about it, but nobody came to fix it. Finally, I found they charge "Resort Fee"; charged me $12/day. I paid $36 for staying three days. I think it is rip off. This place is no way near to be considered as a resort. Paying $12/day for it makes no sense to me. I will definitely not going to this place again. I can find better place with the price I paid. I am giving 2 stars because of the clerks(evening/night) helped to provide a microwave.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GuyFromCali

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

They charge $12 per night as a resort charge and they will let you know about the charges while checking out only.Refrigerator in the room are barely working......Floor carpet are damp and smells terrible..THE ONLY good thing about this MOTEL is location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sonia T
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Peeling paint, stained linens. The ONLY thing this hotel has going for it is location. Would have been nice if the front desk attendant had informed me on Sunday (when I inquired about the lift to Heavenly) that the gondolas only run on weekends! My friend ended up with green hair after using the hot tub. Big mistake to stay here. Big case of "you get what you pay for".

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere!
Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CRG45255
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Spent 2 nights here and thought it was fine. We had stayed there a few years back and it was much more like a hotel than the motel it is now. I found check in quick and easy. Although we weren't informed of the $12 "resort" fee. Room was clean and comfy. Location is excellent. Only real problem we encountered was on Saturday night it was like a frat house. The room next door had a large group in it drinking. They were kicking doors and walls. It was horrendous. I called the front desk 3 times and they failed to answer the phone. Eventually it died down after 1am. Didn't use pool would go back if it was cheap again. Only for the location though

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Diamond city, alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Clean room, nice tempurpedic bed. Close to hiking trails, shopping mall, casinos, private beach.
Didn't expect a big fancy bathroom at this price. Was able to check in early. The pool and hot tub had to be accessed from the street. This pool situation needs improvement .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and small dog of 8lbs in August. The outside of this place looks nice pulling up to it at night. In the day time it looks a little more ordinary. I like how you can park your car right in front of your room (which I suppose is standard for Inns and motels) But still, with a pet and many items to unload, this was perfect for this type of trip. The location is nice, walkable to the Nevada side and the casinos and a quick drive to many spots in South Lake Tahoe. It's also really conveniently near a large grocery store.

The room itself was nothing special, we were told we had to stay on the bottom floor since we had a pet. At first that was a bit annoying but then it ended up being more convenient anyway. The price was ok except be ready to be hit with unexpected charges like the "resort fee" for $12-$13 dollars a day which gets you absolutely nothing. We also had an extra fee for having a pet which not all places charge and since our dog never makes a mess, that aspect is annoying. I would stay here again though due to the convenient location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family