1. The staff/manager is quite friendly and the check in smooth.
2. Location is great, can walk to the beach, close to food, grocery stores and the casinos.
3. Room was clean to a point. Will get to that on the negative side of my review.
1. There's a $1.50 charge if you use the in room safe. Was advised during check in that I would not be charged unless I use it. When I checked my credit card statement, I was indeed charged the $1.50. Not a big deal and not a lot of money, but just odd. Guess it's just extra income for the owners.
2. Very thin walls. Heard people going to their room at 12am, baby crying, doors slamming. There also is some construction going on Hwy 50 and starts quite early as one other reviewer noted. You can hear everything!
3. Cleaniness. The room was clean upon going in. Bathrooms clean. That was until we noticed an odor by the beds. Upon searching, found an 3/4 empy beer can that began to rot. By the time I found it and threw it out, kids were ready for bed. Would have been a hassle to complain by that time.
Overall, I've stayed here more than a few times in the past and decided to stay again this time based on my previous stays. If you're staying for one night, are young, no kids, then not a bad place to stay. Those with families, might find it a bit difficult.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson South Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Inn s. Lake Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Howard Johnson Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Howard Johnson