See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The positive.
1. The staff/manager is quite friendly and the check in smooth.
2. Location is great, can walk to the beach, close to food, grocery stores and the casinos.
3. Room was clean to a point. Will get to that on the negative side of my review.

The negative.
1. There's a $1.50 charge if you use the in room safe. Was advised during check in that I would not be charged unless I use it. When I checked my credit card statement, I was indeed charged the $1.50. Not a big deal and not a lot of money, but just odd. Guess it's just extra income for the owners.
2. Very thin walls. Heard people going to their room at 12am, baby crying, doors slamming. There also is some construction going on Hwy 50 and starts quite early as one other reviewer noted. You can hear everything!
3. Cleaniness. The room was clean upon going in. Bathrooms clean. That was until we noticed an odor by the beds. Upon searching, found an 3/4 empy beer can that began to rot. By the time I found it and threw it out, kids were ready for bed. Would have been a hassle to complain by that time.

Overall, I've stayed here more than a few times in the past and decided to stay again this time based on my previous stays. If you're staying for one night, are young, no kids, then not a bad place to stay. Those with families, might find it a bit difficult.

Room Tip: If you do stay, try and get the upstairs or corner rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great location for access to Lake Tahoe fun. The blacktop road work outside is almost finished...this will take care of the noise and slight odor problems we noticed.
The pool (closed) looked like a good one when in season. The staff opened up the hot tub cover for us in the late afternoon so we could enjoy a soak and the setting sun after our 1/2 day boat trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this particular motel. It is clean and comfortable as well as situated near many things--casinos to groceries.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Service by employees/owners excellent, very friendly and outgoing. Room very clean. TV should be upgraded.
Wash cloths should be of better quality.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

First room given us was not ready for occupants, 2nd room was not great. Limited amount of electric outlets. WiFi not working. Water went out while we were trying to get ready for a wedding. Weren't told that they had a water repair going to take place. Rooms do not look at all like the picture. Very drab and dirty feeling. Not what I was expecting from a Howard Johnsons

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family